LegalZoom makes it easy to create a power of attorney. Following is a detailed description of the steps to create a power of attorney:
- Complete our easy online questionnaire.
- We create your power of attorney.
Our document specialists review your answers for spelling, consistency and completeness. Then, our LegalZip® software creates your personalized power of attorney.
- We send your power of attorney to you.
Your personalized document will be shipped according to your instructions.
- Sign and notarize your document in the presence of 2 witnesses where applicable.
Your witnesses should not be anyone you appointed as an attorney-in-fact or alternate (or their spouses or children), anyone related to you by blood, marriage or adoption, or anyone entitled to receive anything under any last will or living trust you have made. Your witnesses must also sign the power of attorney.
- Keep your LegalZoom power of attorney up-to-date.
If you anticipate updating your Power of Attorney in the future, you might consider selecting the Comprehensive package. With it, you will be enrolled in the Legal Advantage plan, which includes unlimited revisions to your LegalZoom Power of Attorney.