Reply to comment

I have just recently been imfornmed that I am the father of a son in Mexico.
I am a born US citizen.
His mother at the time named someone else on his birth certificate.
He was born with a hip bone problem and has been treated at the Shriners Hospital since birth.

Now after 14 years his Mother contacted me and wants him to have my last name on his birth certificate.
She wants him to be able to receive Social security and allow him to enter the US without any paper work issues.

Would I be opening up a box of issues if he does change his last name to mine?
Am I financially responsible, if so then to what extent.
This is a real big issue as I have been married for 8 years with a son of my own.

Please advise.


The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.