Reply to comment

My divorce was recently finalized and I need to have a life insurance policy for my son. The papers say that my ex-husband is to be designated as trustee and my son as beneficiary. The life insurance agent says I can't have a trustee, I can have a contingent beneficiary. I don't want that because that would give my ex the money if my son dies. The money is supposed to be used for my son in the event of my death. Is it possible to have a trustee on the term life insurance or do I need to do this through a lawyer?


The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.