Reply to comment

Dear LegalZoom Customer,

Thank you for contacting LegalZoom for your online business needs. If you are converting your already existing DBA into an LLC (Limited Liability Company), you may need to get a new Federal Tax Identification Number, or EIN. The IRS may allow you to keep your existing EIN for your business, but since you are creating a new entity, this is case to case. You may need to speak with the IRS directly to determine whether or not you can use the same EIN as an LLC.

LegalZoom can assist you to establish a new LLC as well as obtain a new Federal Tax Identification Number on your behalf. I have provided our LLC link to get you started:

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our Business Formations Department directly at (888) 381-8758.


The LegalZoom Team


The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.