Reply to comment

You can have the deed put in your son's name with you and your husband having a life estate in the house; this legally entitles you to live in the house and have partial ownership until your death, at which time your son would be owner. Based on personal past experience, my mother-in-law left her house to her son (my husband)with her on the deed with a life estate. When we had to put her in full-time care, we had to seek state aid for her after her funds were exhausted. The state of Oklahoma required us to advertise her life estate for sale prior to putting her on state aid. The state worker told us that no one would buy it, as their interest in the house would cease when she passed away. But, we still had to go through the motions.


The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.