LegalZoom Customer Story Contest Official Rules
- ELIGIBILITY: The LegalZoom customer story contest (the "contest") is open to residents of the 50 United States and D.C., who are 18 years of age or older as of August 20, 2009, have purchased a
LegalZoom, Inc. product on or before August 20, 2009, and are not otherwise ineligible as provided herein. Employees of LegalZoom.com, Inc.
("Sponsor") its affiliates, subsidiaries and agencies (collectively "Promotion Parties") and members of their immediate family or persons
living in the same household are not eligible. Members of any entertainment industry guild or assocations, such as SAG, AFTRA, DGA, WGA or
IATSE are not eligible to enter. Members of SAG or AFTRA may not appear in the videos. Void where prohibited.
- HOW TO ENTER: Create a video entry that describes your story and how LegalZoom was able to help you. Visit
our Submit page and fill out the online entry form, then upload
your video per the directions on the site. Videos must be submitted in one of the following formats: Windows Media (.wmv), 3GP (cell phones),
AVI (windows), MOV (Mac), MP4 (ipod/psp), MPEG, or MKV (h.264) and cannot exceed six minutes in length. Only
clear and audible videos will be accepted. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor. See Rule 3 for additional guidelines. Contest begins
August 20, 2009, 12:00 am PDT. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. PDT, November 20, 2009. Enter as often as you like, but each entry must be a
unique video. Subsequent entries of the same video throughout the Contest will be disqualified.
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: All entries must meet the following guidelines:
- The entry and all elements of the entry must be the entrant’s original work and previously unpublished.
- The entry must not exceed six (6) minutes total running time.
- The entry must tell your story and convey a positive experience with a LegalZoom.com product.
- The entry must not violate the intellectual property rights of any third party. That means that the video should not contain a trademark or
logo of another company, nor any copyrighted materials such as music, photographs, or posters.
- The entry must be suitable for publication and publicity purposes as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entries must be in good
taste and must not contain obscene or defamatory statements nor portray Sponsor or any third party in any way that might tend to subject
them to public contempt, scandal, disrepute or ridicule.
- Entrant acknowledges that Sponsor may use entry without any compensation to entrant or persons appearing in the video, in any and all media,
throughout the world, in perpetuity, including derivative works.
- The entry may not contain the following: Nudity, profanity, any situations which expose any persons appearing in the entries to physical
- Sponsor reserves the right to make determinations of suitability in its sole and absolute discretion, and to disqualify any entries it
determines to be inappropriate for any of the reasons listed above, or for any other reason.
- POSTING OF ENTRIES: All eligible Contest entries (as determined by the Sponsor, in it sole discretion) shall be posted on the publicly accessible
Contest web site and may also be posted by sponsor on YouTube.com and similar sites. Beginning August 20, 2009 and continuing through December 7, 2009 at 11:59 pm PDT, viewers will be asked to rate entries on a
five-star system, with 5 stars being highest. The web site shall display the starred ratings achieved by each entry. There is no limit to the number
of times any viewer may rate an entry.
- JUDGING CRITERIA: Eligible entries will be judged by a panel of Sponsor executives (the "Judges"). The judges will select the winners on the basis
of originality and creativity, entertainment appeal, the depiction of the theme defined as "How LegalZoom helped me achieve my goal," video ratings,
and number of views. The judges will select one entry to win the Grand Prize and two entries to win a First Prize. The decisions of the judges are
final and may not be appealed. Entries must not have won a previous prize or award nor been previously published and must be entrant's original work.
- WINNER SELECTION/PRIZE AWARDING: On or about December 10, 2009, a Grand Prize winner and two First Prize winners shall be selected. The potential
winners will be notified on or about December 10, 2009 via the email address provided in the entry form. Potential winners must sign and return an
Affidavit of eligibility and Publicity and rights Release, and the personal releases of each person appearing in the entry, within seven (7) days
of attempted delivery or prize will be forfeited. If any prize/prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or in the event of non-compliance
with any other requirements, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and may be awarded to an alternate. Winners agree that receiving a prize
grants Sponsor the right to print, publish, broadcast, and use universe-wide in any media now known or later developed at any time or times, the
winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, and biographical information for any purpose, including but not limited to, in advertisements,
publicity, and other communications without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries
- PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize: $5,000 cash, awarded in the form of a check. Two (2) First Prizes: $3,000 cash awarded in the form of a check. Total
approximate retail value of all prizes is $11,000. Limit one prize per person/family/household.
- RIGHTS IN SUBMISSIONS: In consideration of entrant’s submission being reviewed and evaluated for this Contest, each entrant hereby grants to the
Sponsor a non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully paid, universal license to use, copy, modify or make derivative works, sublicense, transmit, distribute,
publicly perform, publish, delete or display such submission, or any portion thereof, in any media now known or hereafter devised including, but not
limited to, all forms of television and all forms of internet and wireless protocol without any further right of approval or additional compensation.
Each entrant grants Sponsor the right, but not the obligation, to use the story, characters, and any other information presented in the entry,
including the name and likeness of entrant and any persons appearing in the entry, in a commercial or other advertising and publicity for
In connection with your video entry, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses
rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize Sponsor to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or
other proprietary right in all video entries to enable inclusion and use of the entry in the manner contemplated by this
Contest and these Official Rules. You further agree that you will not submit material that is copyrighted, protected by
trade secret, or is otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless
you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to submit the material and enter the Contest
and to grant Sponsor of all the license rights granted herein. To obtain permission from third parties from appearing in
the entry, a legal release form, available by clicking here, can be used.
- GENERAL RULES: Void where prohibited. All federal, state and local laws apply. Sponsor may alter entries submitted prior to
publication, if any. All income taxes resulting from acceptance of prize are the responsibility of
winner. By entering contest, entrant accepts and agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of Judges, which shall be final in all matters.
By participating in this contest and/or accepting prizes, entrants agree to hold Sponsor and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees and assigns
harmless against any and all claims and liability in connection with the contest, the videos, or the use or redemption of prizes, including, without
limitation, bodily injury or death or the violation of the rights of any third parties. Submission of contest entry (1) constitutes permission to use
winners’ names and likenesses, address (city/state), and video entry, for advertising and publicity purposes without further compensation, unless
prohibited by law, (2) grants Sponsor and its agents the right to modify, adapt, and/or edit entry, and (3) constitutes a representation and warranty
that entrant has received permission for Sponsor to use the audio and likeness of all persons appearing in the video without additional compensation to
such persons. Sponsor and its affiliated companies will not be responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries or prize notices or for any
typographical, or other error in the administration of the contest, or announcement of the prize. In the event of any such error, Sponsor reserves
the right to request that the Judges modify this contest in a manner deemed reasonable by the Judges, at the Judges’ sole discretion. Sponsor is not
responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, garbled or misdirected entries, all of which are void. Electronic entries will be deemed
made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. The authorized account holder is deemed as the natural person
who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning
e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Entries that are incomplete, illegible or corrupted are void and will not
be accepted. By entering the Contest, entrant recognizes and agrees that the registration information provided by entrant will be made available to
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and terminate, suspend, cancel or
modify the Contest and award the prizes from among all eligible entries received as of the date of termination if for any reason this Contest is not
capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or other causes
beyond the control of Sponsor.
- WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the winners (available after January 1, 2010), send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to: LegalZoom, Inc. 7083
Hollywood Boulevard, Suite 180, Los Angeles, CA 90028; Attn: Names of Winners. Requests must be received by March 1, 2010.
7083 Hollywood Boulevard, Suite 180
Los Angeles, CA 90028