|The Process of Creating a Living Will
LegalZoom makes it fast and easy to create a Living Will. The following is a detailed description of our Living Will process.
- Complete our easy online questionnaire.
- We create your LegalZoom Living Will within 2 business days.
Our document assistants review your answers for spelling, grammar and consistency. Then, our LegalZip software creates your personalized living will.
- We send your Living Will to you.
Your personalized document will be shipped according to your instructions.
- Sign your Living Will in the presence of 2 witnesses.
Your witnesses should not be your physician, relatives, anyone who will receive anything from your last will or any person appointed to make healthcare decisions on your behalf. Your witnesses must also sign the document. If possible, notarize your living will.
- Keep your original LegalZoom Living Will in a secure location.
Give copies to your primary physician, appropriate family members and any person you designated to make healthcare decisions on your behalf.
- Keep your LegalZoom Living Will up-to-date.
If you anticipate updating your LegalZoom Living Will in the future, select our Comprehensive Package. As a member of Legal Advantage Plus, you are entitled to unlimited revisions to your LegalZoom Living Will.