Avoid Legal Disputes that Can Break Up
Check out our panel: Infamous Band Disputes and How to Avoid Them
Hear about the trials, tribulations and aftermath of band warfare from defendants and plaintiffs willing to share behind-the-scenes details of their high-profile legal battles with former band mates. Discover the ramifications of not having a legal band agreement in place as artist and attorney panelists discuss what went wrong and what happens after the divorce. Learn about what you can do to help avoid disputes and protect your interests as an artist/musician.
- Joe Escalante – Legal Commentator, The Vandals' Bassist
- Anita Rivas – Entertainment Attorney/Professor of Music Business & Law
- East Bay Ray of Dead Kennedys
- Neville Johnson – Entertainment Attorney, Johnson & Johnson LLP
- Matthew Belloni – Executive Editor, Hollywood Reporter
After the panel, join us for Happy Hour in the IFC Crossroads House at Vice Bar (302 E. 6th Street) where you can chat one-on-one with Joe Escalante about the legal issues bands face and how to protect yourself and your music. Bring your drink tokens from the panel for free drinks!