How It Works
If you're already a member, simply sign in and schedule a consultation with an attorney. Select "Trademark Office Action Response" under the Legal Matter dropdown. Your attorney will contact you with instructions on how to send the document for review prior to the consultation. During your consultation, the attorney will explain what the Office action means and discuss next steps. Your attorney will provide simple payment instructions once the consultation is complete.
If you're not yet a member, simply sign up for the Business Legal Plan. The plan entitles you to legal advice, tax advice, and many other valuable benefits for a low, flat monthly fee.
View additional benefits
- What is an Office action?
- An Office action is a document officially rejecting a trademark registration application. Written by an examiner from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, the document outlines the reasons why the application is being rejected and, if applicable, offers a list of additional requirements that must be met for reconsideration.
- How long do I have to respond to an Office action?
- You have six months from the mailing date on the Office action letter. If you have not responded by that time, the application will be abandoned and you will need to start from scratch.
- What’s the difference between a nonfinal and final Office action?
- A nonfinal Office action raises an issue for the first time. A final Office action is issued if the applicant’s response to the prior Office action failed to address or resolve all of the issues. If you receive a final Office action, your only two options are to comply with the requirements or file an appeal with the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
Call (877) 818-8787
Saturday and Sunday
This portion of the LegalZoom website is an advertisement. This portion of the LegalZoom website is not a lawyer referral service. LegalZoom does not endorse or recommend any lawyer or law firm who advertises on our site. We do not make any representation and have not made any judgment as to the qualifications, expertise or credentials of any participating lawyer. The information contained on this site is not legal advice. Any information you submit through this site may not be protected by attorney-client privilege and may be provided to attorneys for the purpose of determining your need for legal services. All case evaluations are performed by a participating attorney.
To see the attorney in your area who is responsible for this advertisement, please click here
. If you live in Alabama, Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, South Dakota, Utah or Wyoming, please click here
for additional information. Not available in Hawaii, Kansas, Michigan, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon and Tennessee.
This advertisement and all attorney services may be subject to additional terms and conditions, located on the website of each attorney. Please visit the website of the sponsoring attorney in your area for more details. Any arrangement made by you and your attorney is strictly between you and them.