LegalZoom makes it easy to create a Living Will. Following is a detailed description of the steps to create a Living Will:
- Complete our easy online questionnaire.
- We create your living will.
Our document specialists review your answers for spelling, consistency and completeness. Then, our LegalZip® software creates your personalized living will.
- We send your living will to you.
Your personalized document will be shipped according to your instructions.
- Sign your living will in the presence of 2 witnesses.
Your witnesses should not be your physician, relatives, anyone who will receive anything from your last will or any person appointed to make health care decisions on your behalf. Your witnesses must also sign the document. If possible, notarize your living will.
- Store your original signed LegalZoom Living Will in a secure location.
Give signed copies to your primary physician, appropriate family members and any person you designated to make health care decisions on your behalf.
- Keep your LegalZoom Living Will up-to-date.
If you anticipate updating your LegalZoom Living Will in the future, you might consider selecting the Comprehensive package. With it, you will be enrolled in the Legal Advantage Plus plan, which includes unlimited revisions to your LegalZoom Living Will.