LegalZoom was founded by attorneys with experience at some of the best law firms in the country. That's why we can offer the following guarantee.
If your Living Trust is found by a court of competent jurisdiction within the United States to be invalid solely because it was created online through an internet website, we will pay you $50,000.
- To make a claim on the guarantee, you, your successor trustee, your personal representative or your beneficiaries (collectively, "you") must notify us in writing within 30 days after a challenge has been made to the validity of your Living Trust ("Document") because it was created through the internet and before any ruling. Notices should be sent by U.S. certified mail to our corporate headquarters, Attn: General Counsel. You, your successor trustee, your personal representatives or beneficiaries are the only people who may initiate a claim on this guarantee. Claims cannot be made on a class or representative basis.
- Properly executing your Document,
- Properly funding your Living Trust
- Having your Document properly notarized and/or witnessed,
- Failure to update your Document after significant events such as having kids, marriage, divorce, etc.
- This guarantee does not cover any issues caused by or related to inaccurate, untruthful or unlawful information provided by you or your agents to LegalZoom.
- This guarantee does not cover any requirement by a financial institution that you fill out an additional form for funding or other purposes.
- This guarantee only covers instances where the Document is declared invalid in its entirety. LegalZoom will not be responsible for any consequential damages.
- LegalZoom reserves the right to amend this guarantee unilaterally at any time by posting the new terms on the LegalZoom website.
Updated June 1, 2012