Last March, we partnered with National Military Family Association (NMFA) to do our part in supporting those who’ve served our country, and help spread estate planning awareness. NMFA is a nonprofit organization that has worked tirelessly for nearly 50 years to strengthen and protect military families. Many people don’t realize that military service members’ families perform a service of their own. Multiple deployments and constant relocation can create great stress on families, and for those service members who return home wounded, their injuries can have a significant impact on their families as well.
This Memorial Day, to honor the families of our nation’s men and women in uniform who made the ultimate sacrifice, we donated $20 from the purchase of every estate plan to NMFA. The campaign was our way of boosting support for a worthwhile organization while also encouraging people to protect their loved ones with an estate plan.
Even if it doesn’t seem like it, everyone has an estate. Planning for your property, health care, and finances by writing down your wishes is a crucially important step that too many Americans neglect to take.
Our great customers came through. Not only do over 750 people now have peace of mind knowing they’ve planned for the unexpected and protected their families with important legal documents, but with the donation we were able to raise, NMFA can help in any of these amazing ways:
- Cover the cost of an Associate’s degree for a military spouse who struggles to pursue a career because of the challenges of military life
- Help 30 military spouses obtain certification and employment, despite challenges with licensure across state lines
- Send 10 families to a Family Retreat or Healing Adventure, where they can reconnect after a deployment or learn to cope as a family with a service member’s injury or PTSD
- Pay for 30 certification courses required for a pay raise to help set up a military family for long-term financial stability
- Pay for 15 spouses to become certified and employable in a new field
We are so honored to partner with NMFA and do what we can to support service members and their families. Thank you for all you have done and continue to do.