Of all the marketing tools out there, none has evolved so quickly and powerfully as the news release. At the turn of the millennium, a news release (or press release) was a specialist item; something a PR agency sent to a newspaper to suggest a story about a client. Fast forward eleven years: businesses of all sizes are using online news releases to connect directly with millions of potential customers searching the Web for local businesses, products, events or local stories.
You don’t need to make dramatic headlines to write a release. No matter what your business does, you make news regularly. Whether you just opened your doors, hired a new employee, or announced a deal or promotion, you can turn that story into an online marketing asset packed with links and multimedia that attracts new customers, gets you more attention, and wins you more business.
Here are eight reasons why online news releases are good for business:
- Be more visible and reach new customers. Online releases get your story straight to the search engines that everyone uses to search for products or services. When people search for a local business in your field on Google, they'll find you there.
- Get your website found faster. The links to your website you include in your online news releases help your site to boost its search rankings. That means you move up the page on Google, get found before your competitors, and look more credible.
- Grab attention with multimedia. A picture is worth a thousand words—so what’s a video that tells your story worth? Answer: a lot. Online news releases let you include multimedia like photos and videos that grab readers’ attention, and encourage them to share and republish it.
- You don’t need to be an expert. Even if you've never written a story or press release before, you can create one quickly and easily. All you need is a good story about your business. If you’re nervous about writing, choose a service with professional editors who check your story before it goes live.
- Spread the word across Facebook and Twitter. Because it’s easy to link to an online news release, readers can share your story across social networks like Facebook and Twitter with little effort. You might even go viral if people love your story.
- Get publicity in the news. Online releases can get your story onto major news sites like Google News and Yahoo News, connecting you with local readers and also journalists who search these sites for new stories to cover. A good service will also send your story directly to thousands of journalist and blogger subscribers.
- It’s current—but it lasts forever. A good release service will host your release forever, meaning that it stays online making you visible forever—all in one, single purchase. Once your release is published, there are no additional fees to budget for.
- You get the feedback you need to grow. A good service will tell you how often your headline is viewed and your release is read, and even show you where your readers are. It shows you what works and helps you target your next one better, meaning that you can improve your effectiveness time after time.
As you can see, there is no shortage of advantages to sending out online press releases. All you need is a newsworthy story, such as a new product or service, a significant event, or an announcement that’s unique to your business. Once your story is out there on the Web, just sit back and let the media and search engines help you generate exposure for your business. One big question still remains: “How much will it cost?” Try less than a year’s subscription to your favorite newspaper. It’s one of the least expensive, yet can be one of the most effective investments you can make for your business.
Get a FREE PRWeb Advanced Online Press Release when you sign up for a free account at PRWeb by July 31, 2011.