The basic process for incorporating is quite similar in most states. There are some
state-specific variations regarding state filing fees, bylaws, continuing obligations
and formation requirements. Fortunately, when it comes to actually forming your
corporation, LegalZoom makes sure you're conforming to the specific and current
business laws of the state you choose.
We have provided an overview of state incorporation information that includes formation requirements, bylaws, taxes, fees and continuing obligations. Once you're incorporated, you'll want to stay up-to-date on your state's requirements on an annual, if not quarterly, basis.
Specifically, the above state pages provide the following information:
- Corporate names: Discusses registering and reserving a corporate name.
- Formation requirements: Explains the concepts of the Articles of Incorporation.
- Bylaws: What they are and who can amend them.
- Registered agent: Requirements and services.
- Secretary of State information: includes other considerations, continuing obligations, dissolution information, taxes, fees and S corporations.