Knowledge Center

Patent FAQ

How do I file a Provisional Application for Patent?

A Provisional Application for Patent must be filed with the USPTO. This entails completing a paper or electronic application, submitting accompanying illustrations, and complying with other USPTO guidelines. LegalZoom can help make this process quick and easy. Once you answer a few questions online, we complete and file your application (or do so along with our affiliate patent firm). We can even help you obtain top-quality technical illustrations.

Banner Icon Make today the day you start something amazing. Start your Provisional Application for Patent. Get Started