Power of Attorney Glossary

conservator of the estate

If you don't have a power of attorney and you become mentally incapacitated, a court may appoint someone to make financial decisions on your behalf. This person is called a "conservator" or "conservator of the estate," also known as a “guardian” in some states.

Ready to appoint a power of attorney? GET STARTED NOW