30 Terrific Tools for Small Businesses
What are the right products and vendors to use for my business? At Docstoc, we have over 30 million registered members, and our small business owners & operators have always asked us this question. Sometimes we didn’t have the answers, so we built a free service, ExpertCircle to help business operators discover the best products and vendors other professionals use. Here are my personal reviews on 30 of the top terrific tools for small businesses, feel free to add your own reviews and thoughts on these products by clicking the links.
1. Accounting & Finance
- Freshbooks: If you need online invoicing, time tracking and expense services, this program is easy to navigate, even for the most novice business owners.
- Wave Accounting: Quickly manage payroll and manage your business receipts for free.
- Expensify: Get a handle on all of your business expenses and invoices so you can concentrate on more important things.
2. Customer Support
- ZenDesk: Streamline your customer service interface, create support boards and streamline your response time.
- GetSatisfaction: A great customer community platform for interacting with your users, getting feedback and providing technical support.
- SurveyMonkey: Build free surveys to conduct market research, and keep a pulse on customer desires and satisfaction.
3. Human Resources
- ZipRecruiter: Find better talent with cross-job-board posting, resume screening and a point-based score chart to find the best candidates.
- Intelius: Run a background check on prospective employees, browse criminal records and other information to make sure you’re hiring only the best people.
- AnyPerk: Reward employees with one of the most comprehensive perks programs out there, which provides discounts in countless services.
- Legal Zoom Business Attorney Plan: This attorney plan specifically tailored to small businesses provides attorney reviews of contracts and other legal documents, for a fraction of the price.
- Docusign: The most prominent service for eSignatures that is both legal and secure.
- Trademarkia: Search over 6 million registered logos, names and slogans to make sure your name or idea isn’t taken.
- Highrise: Organize notes, tasks and email conversations for up to 30,000 customers, leads, partners and contacts.
- Leads360: A sales management solution specifically tailored to turn leads into conversion, and track your performance so you can easily improve your sales.
- BidSketch: Create professional and clean client proposals in just minutes, and get a certified client signature when they approve.
- MailChimp: Email marketing made simple with an easy-to-use collection of newsletter templates, as well as the ability to customize your own design.
- SpyFu: A keyword tool for comparing the SEM tactics of your competitors, so that you can meet equal success in your online advertising and SEO campaigns.
- HubSpot: This all-in-one inbound marketing software facilitates SEO blogging tips, lead nurturing, marketing automation and more.
- Yammer: For the international businessperson, create a private social network for your contacts to collaborate virtually, share files and spread knowledge.
- Carbonite: Excellent and affordable cloud storage and online backup for any business.
- Trello: An efficient collaboration tool that allows you to organize your projects (completed, pending and in-progress) into simplified boards.
8. Web Development
- Balsamiq: For your next business presentation, Balsamiq allows you to mockup and design your ideas on a virtual whiteboard so they’re easier to share, modify, and get feedback on.
- 99designs: Run a graphic, logo, or web design contest, and walk away with multiple ideas and access to hundreds of designers.
- Amazon Web Services: An amazing service that allows you to run your entire business from the cloud, from business applications to mobile apps.
- Recurly: For any business that offers subscription or recurring billing, Recurly provides a simple solution for getting this done.
- Shopify: Set up a fully hosted and customizable online shopping cart that accepts all global currencies.
- Vendio: A platform for selling your goods on multiple e-Commerce channels, including Amazon, eBay, Facebook and more.
- UserTesting: Get in-depth and immediate feedback on your website experience from real users, including a video of their experience as well as written answers to your questions.
- Jira: A simple and clean bug tracking and reporting system that helps you prioritize and assign issues and work through them quickly.
- MixPanel: A premiere analytics service for mobile and the web, focused on measuring very specific user actions and activity.