I want to add my two grandsons to our trust. Mason demuth and aaron demuth each 5% keeping erica kovac at 50% and jennifer hurst at 40%. Can you revise my declaration of trust and send me the revision?

Cody R Cooper ∙ May 28, 2019

I believe your question is regarding LegalZoom's services, which would contacting them a better option for help. That being said, generally, if you originally created your trust with LegalZoom, it is a revocable trust, which means the grantor/trustee can change it during their lifetime. This means you can amend the beneficiaries to include your grandchildren. However, I would recommend contacting the LegalZoom law firm in your state to ensure that there are no additional steps needed to be taken before making the amendment and to discuss any ramifications of making this amendment.

Cody Cooper's offices are located in Pasadena, California. Cody Cooper is licensed to practice law in the state of California and their comments may only apply to that state. If your question applies to a different state you should check with an attorney in that state. The information is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation. Answering this question does not in any way constitute legal representation and any information you provide is not protected by attorney-client privilege.


Thanks for the feedback! Change answer

Ready to take the next step?

Pricing starts at $ 249

ATTORNEY ADVERTISEMENT: This portion of the LegalZoom website is an advertisement for legal services. LegalZoom does not endorse or recommend any lawyer or law firm who advertises on our site. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. The information contained in this advertisement is not legal advice. Any information you submit through this site may not be protected by attorney-client privilege and may be provided to attorneys for the purpose of determining your needs for legal services. All case evaluations are performed by a participating attorney.

To see the attorney in your area who is responsible for this advertisement, please click here. If you live in Alabama, Missouri, or New York please click here for additional information.

This advertisement and all attorney services may be subject to additional terms and conditions, located on the website of each attorney. Please visit the website of the participating attorney in your area for more details. Any arrangement made by you and your attorney is strictly between you and them.