I am representing myself in a post divorce case. I filed with the courts a request to have our support and placement changed which it was granted. My x husband is using the same attorney he did throughout our divorce and she held matters up for quite some time. Always missing deadlines and falling off the map for weeks. I was given a 10/26 court date in which she immediately filed a request and had it pushed back. She has since been mia with all communications the court has tagged both of us on to re schedule the court date. Is there something I can file with the court to either a) grant the motion I filed in my favor or b) schedule the hearing in which she and my x husband have to attend?

Kara B. ∙ November 9, 2018

Questions that seek legal advice should be answered by an attorney. Check out our Legal Plan options at www.legalzoom.com/attorneys.


Thanks for the feedback! Change answer

Ready to take the next step?

Pricing starts at $ 9.99

ATTORNEY ADVERTISEMENT: This portion of the LegalZoom website is an advertisement for legal services. LegalZoom does not endorse or recommend any lawyer or law firm who advertises on our site. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. The information contained in this advertisement is not legal advice. Any information you submit through this site may not be protected by attorney-client privilege and may be provided to attorneys for the purpose of determining your needs for legal services. All case evaluations are performed by a participating attorney.

To see the attorney in your area who is responsible for this advertisement, please click here. If you live in Alabama, Missouri, or New York please click here for additional information.

This advertisement and all attorney services may be subject to additional terms and conditions, located on the website of each attorney. Please visit the website of the participating attorney in your area for more details. Any arrangement made by you and your attorney is strictly between you and them.