I was in a car accident when I was a teen and had a brain injury, and now 32 I have seizures and cant work or drive is there anything I can do?

Jeffrey Lippman ∙ September 10, 2019

The statute of limitations and laws vary by State. It also depends what type of recourse you seek and the capacity of your 32 year old child. Generally, for relief against the negligent party, the Statute of Limitations starts to run from the 18th Birthday. It is unlikely there is a 14 year Statute of Limitations. However, there may be exceptions or other avenues for assistance such as Disability. I recommend you schedule a consultation with your LegalZoom Provider law firm.

Jeffrey Lippman's offices are located in Leesburg, Virginia. Mr. Lippman is licensed to practice law in the District of Columbia and the state of Maryland, and his comments may only apply to those jurisdictions. If your question applies to a different jurisdiction you should check with an attorney in that jurisdiction. The information is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation. Answering this question does not in any way constitute legal representation and any information you provide is not protected by attorney-client privilege.


Thanks for the feedback! Change answer

Ready to take the next step?

Pricing starts at $ 9.99

ATTORNEY ADVERTISEMENT: This portion of the LegalZoom website is an advertisement for legal services. LegalZoom does not endorse or recommend any lawyer or law firm who advertises on our site. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. The information contained in this advertisement is not legal advice. Any information you submit through this site may not be protected by attorney-client privilege and may be provided to attorneys for the purpose of determining your needs for legal services. All case evaluations are performed by a participating attorney.

To see the attorney in your area who is responsible for this advertisement, please click here. If you live in Alabama, Missouri, or New York please click here for additional information.

This advertisement and all attorney services may be subject to additional terms and conditions, located on the website of each attorney. Please visit the website of the participating attorney in your area for more details. Any arrangement made by you and your attorney is strictly between you and them.