Want to change my son last name to my maiden name. Father has no communication with him and last name he carries isn’t his father. How much will cost and what do I need to do?

Kara B. ∙ December 6, 2018

A minor name change package is $165. These prices exclude court fees payable when you file your name change documents. Keep in mind, the father’s signature may be required to change your son’s name.

Your final package will include the completed documents necessary to complete the name change, along with specific instructions on how and where to file the documents, how to provide required notice of the requested name change, and documents you can use to notify government and other organizations of the new name. LegalZoom’s fee does not include filing or publication fees.You may refer to the county court website to learn more about the fees and costs associated with requesting a name change.

A complete breakdown of our pricing and package options is available here - http://www.legalzoom.com/personal/marriage-and-divorce/name-change-pricing.html


Thanks for the feedback! Change answer

Ready to take the next step?

Pricing starts at $ 9.99

ATTORNEY ADVERTISEMENT: This portion of the LegalZoom website is an advertisement for legal services. LegalZoom does not endorse or recommend any lawyer or law firm who advertises on our site. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. The information contained in this advertisement is not legal advice. Any information you submit through this site may not be protected by attorney-client privilege and may be provided to attorneys for the purpose of determining your needs for legal services. All case evaluations are performed by a participating attorney.

To see the attorney in your area who is responsible for this advertisement, please click here. If you live in Alabama, Missouri, or New York please click here for additional information.

This advertisement and all attorney services may be subject to additional terms and conditions, located on the website of each attorney. Please visit the website of the participating attorney in your area for more details. Any arrangement made by you and your attorney is strictly between you and them.