I have a dba and was wondering how I go about changing to a llc with the same name?

Kara B. ∙ September 12, 2018

LegalZoom can assist with filing your LLC. DBAs are typically filed at the county level, while LLCs are state-level entities. We would file your LLC as a new entity with the State. You may want to contact the county your DBA is filed in if you’re looking to formally cancel your DBA. We can’t promise that the business name will be available on the state level, but we can look into it in advance.

You can find this service on our website, or you can feel free to call us at 888-381-8758 to speak with a representative, or chat for further assistance.


Thanks for the feedback! Change answer

Ready to take the next step?

Pricing starts at $ 99

ATTORNEY ADVERTISEMENT: This portion of the LegalZoom website is an advertisement for legal services. LegalZoom does not endorse or recommend any lawyer or law firm who advertises on our site. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. The information contained in this advertisement is not legal advice. Any information you submit through this site may not be protected by attorney-client privilege and may be provided to attorneys for the purpose of determining your needs for legal services. All case evaluations are performed by a participating attorney.

To see the attorney in your area who is responsible for this advertisement, please click here. If you live in Alabama, Missouri, or New York please click here for additional information.

This advertisement and all attorney services may be subject to additional terms and conditions, located on the website of each attorney. Please visit the website of the participating attorney in your area for more details. Any arrangement made by you and your attorney is strictly between you and them.