Reply to comment

I am a US citizen who was living in S. Korea (a country of non reciprocity). My son was conceived in S. Korea and born in S. Korea. His father is US Army (Retired) and currently in S. Korea working on a US Army Garrison with Department of Defense Contractor. I have documented biological and legal paternity. I am trying to get child support in Colorado (where I now live ) the court said that the state does not have jurisdiction to hand the case due to the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act. The fact that he was born and conceived abroad is causing complications in getting an order established. How does the UIFSA handle children with United States parentage and citizenship who were born abroad if one of the requirements might be conception or birth in one of the 50 US States? Please help.


The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.