Reply to comment

I am an expat living overseas who married a gal that her and her family have their farm business and she takes care of me.

I did not earn any income in 2009 or 2010 and never filed a 1040 to the IRS. With 2011 tax year wrapped up I will file even though I still have no earned income.

Will I need to call the IRS or hire a tax accountant for no earned income, or should I just file the 2009 & 2010 1040's along with my 2011 1040 without the guidance of a service?

It was a foolish mistake now I am curious of how much I owe IRS in penalties for not filing and also I would like to know what items will the IRS need to see from me, to prove I haven't been in the USA since January 2008?


The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.