Reply to comment

In the stae of Texas, if both myself and my spouse were to die simultaneously, I would like my parents to get custody of our children. My parents are US citizens and maintain property and domicile here. Would i need to necessarily appoint them as legal guardians or would this be the natural progression of things? My husband is Bulgarian and he insists that he would like his brother (not a US citizen who lives in Bulgaria) should get our children. He will not sign papers appointing my parents as legal guaradians. Is it possible that if we never appoint legal guardians my children could be shipped off to a foreign country? Can I as the mother appoint my parents as legal guardians in the event of our untimely deaths without my husbands signature?


The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.