The LegalZoom Power of Attorney Process
LegalZoom makes it fast and easy to create a Power of Attorney. The following is a detailed description of our Power of Attorney process.
- Complete our easy online questionnaire.
- We create your power of attorney within 2 business days.
Our document scriveners review your answers for spelling, grammar, and missing information. Then, our LegalZip software creates your personalized power of attorney.
- We send your power of attorney to you.
Your personalized document will be shipped according to your instructions.
- Sign and notarize your document in the presence of 2 witnesses.
Your witnesses should not be anyone you appointed as an attorney-in-fact or alternate (or their spouses or children), anyone related to you by blood, marriage or adoption, or anyone entitled to receive anything under any last will you have made. Your witnesses must also sign the Power of Attorney.
- Keep your LegalZoom Power of Attorney up-to-date.
If you anticipate updating your Power of Attorney in the future, select our Comprehensive Package. As a member of Legal Advantage Plus, you are entitled to unlimited revisions to your LegalZoom Power of Attorney.