Make an affidavit of lost stock certificate and indemnity agreement in minutes
Replace stocks that were lost or damaged.Create now
SAMPLE AFFIDAVIT OF LOST STOCK CERTIFICATE AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
1. I am of legal age, and
2. The Original Certificate(s) have been
4. The Original Certificate(s) were
5. None of the Original Certificate(s), or the Shareholder's rights in them, have, in whole or in part, been assigned, transferred, hypothecated, pledged, gifted, or otherwise disposed of in any manner whatsoever.
6. The Shareholder is entitled to the full and exclusive possession of the Original Certificate(s), and no other person or entity has any interest in the Original Certificate(s) or the proceeds from those.
7. If the Shareholder ever locates the Original Certificate(s), or if they are otherwise returned to the Shareholder, the Shareholder agrees that such Original Certificate(s) have no value and that it will surrender those recovered Original Certificate(s) to the Company immediately and without consideration for cancellation.
8. The Shareholder hereby requests and is making this affidavit for the purpose of requesting the Company to issue new or duplicate stock certificates in substitution for the Original Certificate(s).
9. In consideration of the above, the Shareholder shall:
- (a) release the Company from all claims, suits, or causes of action the Shareholder may have against the Company relating to the Original Certificate(s) or the Company's compliance with the Shareholder's request in this affidavit; and
- (b) indemnify the Company against all losses, damages, liabilities, and expenses relating to:
- (i) the issuance and delivery of new certificate(s);
- (ii) any payment, transfer, delivery, exchange, or other act related to the Original Certificate(s), whether done by accident, oversight, or neglect, or whether made or done on presentation of the Original Certificate(s), without contesting the propriety of that payment, transfer, delivery, exchange, or other act;
- (iii) the Original Certificate(s) or the Company's compliance with the Shareholder's request in this affidavit; or
- (iv) any breach or violation of are presentation or covenant contained in this affidavit.
The Shareholder is signing this affidavit on the date set forth below.
|Subscribed and sworn to before me this ____ day of _______, 20___, at _______, ____________.|
|Signature of Notary Public|
|Name of Notary Public: ______________________________________________||(SEAL)|
|Notary Public, State of
|My commission expires: ____________________|
Why use our help with legal forms? A million reasons
A successful track record
Almost two million businesses have trusted us to help get them started, and millions have let us help them grow, no matter what shape or size.
Our carefully prepared questionnaires take out the guess work. Your answers fill in the forms easily and correctly, the first time.
Real, live support
We have customer support specialists just a phone call away to help steer you in the right direction.
Here's the info you'll need to have handy to complete your doc:
Who it's coming from
Know for whom this document is being signed and where.
Be able to describe how the stock certificates were lost or destroyed.
Have the name of the company handy, as well as the par value and type of stock certificates being discussed.
What's an affidavit of lost stock certificate and indemnity agreement?
It happens. Sometimes stock certificates get lost or are accidentally destroyed. But don’t worry. Whether you plan to keep, sell, or transfer your stock, there is a way to recover the physical certificates. The company or transfer agent will replace them, but first they will require you to provide a verified, sworn statement known as an affidavit of lost stock certificate.