If your order requires us to submit your documents to a government agency, you can call or email us to request a refund within 60 days of purchase so long as your order hasn't been submitted to the agency. Once documents are submitted, we will no longer issue a refund. if multiple products are packaged and purchased together, the entire order is not refundable if any of the products have been submitted to a government agency.
Examples: LLC and corporation formations
Restrictions that apply to our filed products:
- Attorney-led trademark registration: Attorney-led trademark registration packages are refundable within 7 days of purchase if no action has been taken on the order. After 7 days or if you’ve attended a consultation with an intake agent, a minimum $150 cancellation fee applies. Or, if you cancel after you’ve attended a consultation with an intake agent and LZ Legal Services has started a trademark search for your application, then a $200 cancellation fee applies. No refunds are available after 30 days of purchase or if you complete your consultation with an LZ Legal Services attorney.
- Other intellectual property products: Attorney-assisted patents are not covered by this guarantee. Refer to your legal services agreement for more information.
If your order doesn’t require us to submit your documents to a government entity, you can call or email us to request a refund within 60 days of purchase so long as your order hasn’t been completed. If your order has been completed, meaning it is available for download in your account or received in the mail, you have 7 days from completion to request a refund.
Examples: operating agreements and estate plan bundles
Restrictions that apply to our non-filed products:
- Estate plan bundles are refundable up to 7 days after the first estate plan product is completed.
You can call or email us to request a refund within 30 days of purchase unless one of the conditions listed below applies. after 30 days, we will no longer issue a refund for a subscription service.
Restrictions that apply to refunds for subscription services during the 30-day refund period:
- LZ Virtual Mail: Your monthly subscription fee is refundable, but you will still be responsible for all usage fees incurred while your subscription is active, such as storage fees, shipping fees, and check deposit services.
- Legal plans: Your subscription fees are refundable unless you have completed an attorney consultation.
- LZ Tax®: if your plan includes tax advisory services only, your subscription fees are refundable unless you have completed a consultation with an LZ Tax expert. If your plan also includes tax prep, your subscription fees are refundable unless you receive a completed tax return and give consent for LZ Tax to file it on your behalf.
- Legal forms: Your subscription fees are refundable unless you have downloaded a form.