Welcome backFinish your .
Comprehensive Trademark Search
Before you spend time and money applying for a federal trademark, make sure the mark is available.
Our 3-step process is fast and easy. For a more detailed view of our Comprehensive Trademark Search process, click here.
1. Complete our simple, easy-to-understand questionnaire
2. We conduct your comprehensive trademark search
3. We prepare your report and send it to you for review
If you're currently using or plan to use a trademark, it's always a good idea to see if there are similar marks that could be confused with yours, or might affect your ability to use and protect your trademark. If there are potentially confusing trademarks registered with the USPTO, those could affect your chances of registering your own mark. Also, if there are any potentially confusing marks already in use by businesses—even marks that haven't been registered—these could affect your ability to register or use your trademark.
A conflict exists when one trademark is confusingly similar with another trademark already registered and/or being used in commerce. The principal factors used to determine if there would be a chance of confusion include:
• The similarity of the marks
• The commercial relationship between the products and/or services
In some cases, trademarks that may seem similar can coexist if they're unlikely to confuse a consumer. For example, two trademarks that may seem similar can both be allowed if they're used for unrelated products or services, and are therefore unlikely to cause consumer confusion.
Search of pending, active, and inactive federal trademarks to uncover potential conflicts
Search trademarks in related classes of products (goods) and services
Search results ranked using statistical analysis
Includes everything from the Federal Search plus:
Search of more than 20 million Secretary of State filings for identical or similar names
Search of state registered trademarks statistical analysis
Common law trademarks
Search of common law trademarks being used online and on social media networks.
Internet domain names
Search of identical and very similar internet domain name registrations
Includes everything from Federal, State, and Common Law Search plus:
Search of pending applications (where available) and registered international trademarks including:
The United Kingdom
• The European community
• World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
We're available Mon-Fri 5am-7pm PT,
Weekends 7am-4pm PT
Our agents are based in the United States.
Get legal advice from an independent attorney at a price you can afford.
This public forum is not intended to provide legal advice and is not a substitute for professional legal advice. Unless specifically indicated, the content is not drafted, supported, or vetted by LegalZoom. It is simply a place for customers to help customers. If you need legal advice, LegalZoom can connect you to a licensed and independent attorney. If you are providing answers, please do not provide legal advice if you are not qualified or licensed to do so.
* Available in most states. After the 30-day trial period, benefits to the Personal Legal Plan (also Legal Advantage Plus) continue automatically for $14.99 per month. For states where Legal Advantage Plus is not available, benefits to the Continuing Coverage Plan continue automatically for $4.99. You can cancel by calling (877) 818-8787. For full details, see the Legal Plan Contract and Advantage Terms of Service.