Make a model release (minor) in minutes
Get a model's and their parent's permission to publish their picture.Create now
SAMPLE MODEL RELEASE (MINOR)
This model release is made by
1. PERMISSION TO TAKE AND USE PHOTOGRAPHS.
- (a) Permission to Use. The Photographer has full irrevocable right to take pictures, portraits, digital images, or photographs of the Model or in which the Model may be included (the "Photographs") and use, publish, reproduce, edit, exhibit, license, distribute, or otherwise exploit the Photographs, in whole or in part,
and in conjunction with the Model's name (or fictitious name) and biographical material , for any lawful purpose , except and in all forms of media now known or later created (the "Photographic Use"). in, on, or in connection with (the "Photographic Use").
- (b) No Obligation. The Photographer's right to use the Photographs does not constitute an obligation to make use of this right.
2. ASSIGNMENT; WAIVER.
On behalf of the Model, the Guardian assigns to the Photographer all interest in the Photographs, including copyright. The Photographs and any associated negatives are the sole property of the Photographer and the Guardian, on behalf of the Model, waives any right to:
- (a) inspect or approve the Photographs;
- (b) inspect or approve any text, graphics, images, or other content created in connection with or combined with the Photographs; or
- (c) receive any royalties or other compensation related to the Photographic Use.
On behalf of the Model, the Guardian hereby releases the Photographer from any liability arising from the Photographic Use, including that based on copyright infringement, invasion of privacy, right of publicity, libel, defamation, or false light, or resulting from any alteration, blurring, optical illusion, use in composite form, distortion, or other modification that may occur, intentionally or otherwise, in connection with taking the Photographs, processing the Photographs, or the Photographic Use.
4. MODEL'S REPRESENTATIONS.
The Guardian hereby represents that he or she:
- (a) is a legal adult and has the full legal capacity to execute this release;
- (b) is the parent or legal guardian of the Model, and has full authority to grant this consent on behalf of the Model;
- (c) the rights granted under this release do not conflict with or violate any other commitment the Model has;
and (d) has not authorized and will not authorize or permit the use of the Talent's name, portrait, picture, likeness or testimonial statement in connection with the advertising or promotion of any product or service competitive to or incompatible with the Recordings; and (d) (e)has read this Release before signing it and fully understands its contents, meaning, and impact.
[SIGNATURE PAGE FOLLOWS]
The Guardian is signing this release on the date stated opposite his or her signature.
|Social Security Number:_____________________________|
Why use our help with legal forms? A million reasons
A successful track record
Almost two million businesses have trusted us to help get them started, and millions have let us help them grow, no matter what shape or size.
Our carefully prepared questionnaires take out the guess work. Your answers fill in the forms easily and correctly, the first time.
Real, live support
We have customer support specialists just a phone call away to help steer you in the right direction.
Here's the info you'll need to have handy to complete your doc:
Who the photographer is
Have their name ready, know whether they're a business, and what type of business.
Who the model's parent or guardian is
Have their name and contact info ready, too.
Who the model is
Know their full name.
What's a model release (minor)?
Pose. Snap. Publish? Whether you're shooting haute couture, your neighbor's line of novelty onesies, or just building your portfolio, as a photographer, you need your models' permission to publish their pictures. And in the case of minors, you need their parent or guardian's permission, too.