X Close

Articles of Amendment

When you need to make changes to your company

When you want to update the articles for your company—by changing your company name, changing your contact information or changing stock information, for example—you may need to file a document with the appropriate state agency. Depending on the state, this is sometimes called an "Articles of Amendment," a "Certificate of Amendment," or a "Certificate of Change." We’ll create your amendment document and file it with the state.

Call to get started

Or contact us

Pricing starts at $129 + filing fees

Here's how it works

1. Complete our simple online questionnaire

2. A specialist will create your amendment paperwork

3. We will file your paperwork with the state and send you the paperwork

Get started today

Standard Package

starting at


+ filing fees

Package includes:

Creation of Articles of Amendment paperwork

Filing with state agency

Rush Package

starting at


+ filing fees

Includes everything from standard package plus:

Your order is immediately marked for special handling

Once we receive confirmation that your Amendment is filed, your documentation is shipped to you via 2-day delivery

Due to state government delays in processing and filing amendments, the total turn-around time for delivery varies.

Ask away. We have answers.

A specialist is here to help

Customer Care

(866) 679-2319

We're available Mon-Fri 5am-7pm PT,
Weekends 7am-4pm PT

American FlagOur agents are based in the United States.

Speak with an attorney

Attorney photo

Get legal advice from an independent attorney at a price you can afford.

Questions and answers

This public forum is not intended to provide legal advice and is not a substitute for professional legal advice. Unless specifically indicated, the content is not drafted, supported, or vetted by LegalZoom. It is simply a place for customers to help customers. If you need legal advice, LegalZoom can connect you to a licensed and independent attorney. If you are providing answers, please do not provide legal advice if you are not qualified or licensed to do so.

Begin your Articles of Amendment starting at $129 + fees

Articles of Amendment — Create Articles of Amendment for Your Company Online

If you need to make a change to your company, you may need to file an LLC articles of amendment or corporation articles of amendment with the state. An articles of amendment is sometimes also referred to as a certificate of change or a certificate of amendment, depending on your state. A few common updates to your business that may require articles of amendment include changing your company name, changing your contact information, or changing stock information. LegalZoom can create your LLC amendment or corporation amendment and file it with the state. Get started by answering a few questions about the proposed changes to your business, and then select the package that works best for your needs. LegalZoom will review your answers for consistency and completeness, and file your articles of amendment form with the appropriate state agency – all for an affordable price.