Protect your finances with a durable power of attorney
In your absence, choose someone you trust to be present. Have questions? Schedule a call with our network attorneys for advice. Our POAs start at $35.Start my POA
Priced according to your needs
Get a power of attorney plus legal advice for 2 weeks after purchase. Legal advice renews monthly at $14.99. Cancel anytime.*
- 2 weeks of legal questions related to your POA, answered by our network of attorneys
- With advice, get peace of mind with your attorney's review of your power of attorney once it's done
- Everything included with the Basic POA
The power of 3 documents, all in 1 package. Save 37% by bundling. Plus, legal help for 1 year. Legal advice renews annually at $119.88. Cancel anytime.**
- Get all the essentials: Financial Power of Attorney, Living Will, and a choice of Last Will or Living Trust
- 1 year of legal questions related to your estate planning, answered by our network of attorneys. Unlimited revisions included for when things change
- With advice, get peace of mind with your attorney's review of your full estate plan once it's done
Why you need a power of attorney (POA)
To speak for you when you can't
If you're unable to handle your financial affairs for whatever reason, a POA allows you to designate someone you trust to ensure your wishes are followed.
For your friends and family
Allow your loved ones to take care of your finances without having to deal with court proceedings.
For your peace of mind
Living overseas for an extended period of time, or getting sick can already be a challenge. Ease your mind by knowing that your assets and finances will be taken care of by someone you trust.
Why choose us
Why choose us
Create and complete your power of attorney from the comfort of your own home.
With over 800,000 POAs and counting, we've been helping our customers protect their finances and assets since 2001.
Accessible legal advice
Rely on guidance from highly-rated lawyers that you can choose from our vetted network.
Fast and Easy
With our simple questionnaire, many of our customers finished their POA in under 15 minutes.
Here's how it works
Answer a series of questions
Our questionnaire lets you choose a person you trust to be your agent, so you can give them the authority to make select decisions on your behalf.
We'll create your power of attorney
We'll use your answers to create your POA, which you can review in your account.
Review with attorney, or on your own
Print and complete using our instructions, or schedule time with a lawyer to do a final review over the phone.
Get answers to common questions Answers to common questions
You can choose to have it take effect immediately. Or it can be a "springing" power of attorney that kicks in only if you become incapacitated.
Yes, you can revoke it whenever you want, as long as you're mentally capable.
Generally, you can permit your agent to make all your financial decisions. Or you can limit their powers to certain ones.
Yes, and most states recognize powers of attorney signed in other states. But it may be a good idea to get a new one when you move.
A power of attorney lets your agent do any or all of these tasks:
- Pay for support and care
- Borrow money
- Conduct banking transactions
- Manage property
- Handle legal claims
- Access safe deposit boxes
- Deal with insurance and retirement benefits
- Exercise stockholder rights
- Contract for services
- Make gifts
- Collect social security benefits
- Any other task you need, allowed by law
Attorney Assist (Legal Advantage Plus) is our membership-based service that gives you access to a vetted network of attorneys in all 50 states. You can schedule calls with an attorney to get your questions answered on estate planning, to get your completed documents reviewed, or on other personal legal matters.
Get started today
Personalized to your needs. Designed by attorneys.
Customer-generated questions and answers
Customer-generated questions and answers
Call us at (866) 679-1568
Mon to Fri: 7am - 9pm CST
Weekends: 9am - 6pm CST
- *Telephone consultations with a participating firm, during normal business hours, of up to one half (1/2) hour each, limited to one consultation for each new legal matter. Excludes business-related matters. After the 14 day period, benefits to the Personal Legal Plan (also Legal Advantage Plus) continue automatically at the plan rate (currently $14.99 per month). Cancel online or by calling (877) 818-8787. For full details, see the Legal Plan Contract and Subscription Terms.
- **Telephone consultations with a participating firm, during normal business hours, of up to one half (1/2) hour each, limited to one consultation for each new legal matter. Excludes business-related matters. Benefits to the Personal Legal Plan (also Legal Advantage Plus) continue automatically at the plan rate (currently $119.88 per year). Cancel online or by calling (877) 818-8787. For full details, see the Legal Plan Contract and Subscription Terms.
- Tennessee Residents: Advisory services (also referred to as a legal plan) in TN are provided via a flat fee legal service offering from an independent law firm and are subject to your Limited Scope Representation Agreement with the firm. This portion of the LegalZoom website is an advertisement for legal services. The law firm responsible for this advertisement is LegalZoom Legal Services Ltd. LegalZoom Legal Services Ltd. is authorized and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority of England & Wales. SRA ID 617803. LegalZoom Legal Services Ltd. is a subsidiary of LegalZoom.com, Inc. LegalZoom.com, Inc. does not endorse or recommend any lawyer or law firm who advertises on our site.