English / Español
Welcome to the supplemental terms of service for LegalZoom.com, Inc. (“LegalZoom”) subscription products and subscription packages (collectively, the “Subscriptions”) and certain benefits or services provided by third parties and offered through LegalZoom (collectively, the “Third-Party Services”). These terms shall be referred to as “Supplemental Terms of Service for Subscriptions and Third-Party Services” or “Subscription Terms”. Certain services may be sold as standalone products, or bundled with other products such as a legal plan (a “Legal Plan Bundle”), a Basic or Full Service Compliance Package, a LegalZoom Equip package, or LifePlan benefits. Legal Advantage Plus and Business Advantage Pro are subject to the terms of LegalZoom’s Legal Plan Contract. These Subscription Terms were formerly known as the “Supplemental Terms of Service for Advantage Subscriptions and Third-Party Services” and may still be referenced under that name on the www.legalzoom.com website.
In addition to the other LegalZoom terms, these Subscription Terms constitute a legal agreement between you and LegalZoom detailing the terms of your use of Subscriptions and Third-Party Services. The Subscription Terms are effective on the date you accept them by purchasing or accepting a promotional trial of a Subscription, or by purchasing a package that includes Third-Party Services (the “Effective Date”). Please read these Subscription Terms carefully.
These Subscription Terms address benefits that may or may not be included in your specific package. The sections discussing benefits included in your package apply to you. Refer to your Welcome Email or My Account page for a complete list of your included benefits. If you are unsure which benefits are included in your package, contact Customer Care at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LegalZoom works with partners and affiliates whose websites are linked with LegalZoom and controlled by parties other than LegalZoom (each a “Third-Party Site“). LegalZoom is not responsible for and does not endorse the availability, contents, products, services, or use of any Third-Party Site, any website accessed from a Third-Party Site, or any changes to those sites. LegalZoom does not guarantee the content or quality of the products or services provided by Third-Party Sites. If you have purchased a package that includes a Third-Party Service, the third party may contact you by email or phone with instructions on how to access your benefits, and you may be required to accept additional terms that are located on the Third-Party Site.
LegalZoom Branded Services
- Compliance Calendar. If you have purchased a package that includes the LegalZoom Compliance Calendar (the “Compliance Calendar”), the following provisions apply to you:
a. License. LegalZoom grants you a nonexclusive, nontransferable worldwide license to access and use the Compliance Calendar during the Membership Term, subject to these Subscription Terms. You shall not: (i) license, sublicense, sell, resell, transfer, assign, distribute, or otherwise make available to any third party the Compliance Calendar or any of its contents; or (ii) modify, edit, reproduce, reverse engineer, alter, enhance, make derivative works based on or referring to, or in any way exploit the Compliance Calendar, its content, or its source code. All rights not expressly granted to you are reserved by LegalZoom and its licensors.
b. Compliance Alerts. The Compliance Calendar may generate email or SMS text message reminders of filing deadlines and other important dates. LegalZoom is not liable for your failure to view or read the message or inability to receive the message. The Compliance Calendar is made available to you to help you identify and comply with important deadlines. Compliance with any deadlines, whether or not referenced or communicated by email or SMS text message, is always your sole responsibility.
- Compliance Filing Service. If you have purchased a package that includes a compliance filing service, such as a Basic or Full-Service Compliance Package, the following provisions apply to you:
a. Filing Fees. You are responsible for paying government fees.
b. Responsibility to Provide Information. You must complete an Annual Reports questionnaire at least 15 business days before your filing due date.
c. Compliance Alerts. We will reach out to you up to five times to remind you of an upcoming filing. We may also contact you about missed filings or changes to your entity’s status with state-filing authorities. You are responsible for informing LegalZoom of changes to your contact information.
d. Eligibility. To qualify for our state-filing service, your entity must be in good standing with the state.
e. Exclusions. Local, industry-specific, licensing, and tax requirements are not included as part of this state filing service, unless specified otherwise in your package.
f. Guarantee. LegalZoom guarantees that if we miss a deadline for a filing included as part of our state filing service, we will pay the penalty. If the filing cannot be completed because of your inaction or error, or because you did not pay the filing fee, this guarantee will not apply. If your entity is not in good standing with the state before the filing deadline, this guarantee will not apply. This guarantee does not apply to the filing of your federal and state business income tax returns by independent tax professionals.
- Equip. If you have purchased an Equip package, the following provisions apply to you:
a. Equip account managers may provide general business, financial, or strategic advice regarding the options available to you depending on your specific circumstances and objectives. You are solely and exclusively responsible for all business, financial, and strategic decisions, whether made as a result of, or while using, Equip services or otherwise.
b. Legal Assistance. If you have purchased an Equip package that includes access to legal assistance, these services will be provided to you by Pulse Global Services Limited (formerly known as, and currently doing business as, LegalZoom Legal Services), a UK law firm (either hereinafter “Pulse”).
1) Your relationship with Pulse is governed by the LegalZoom Legal Services Ltd. Limited Scope Representation Agreement.
2) LegalZoom.com, Inc. will process payment pursuant to these Subscription Terms for your Equip package.
c. Tax Support. If you have purchased an Equip package that includes access to tax support, these services will be provided to you by 1-800Accountant, an independent, third-party partner.
1) Benefits. Depending on the Equip package that you have purchased, 1‑800Accountant may provide the following services:
i) Business Income Tax Advisory and Preparation (BTAP) services, which includes: (a) tax advice from a 1-800Accountant tax professional; (b) preparation and filing of one annual federal business tax return; (c) preparation and filing of any applicable state business tax returns and state franchise tax returns, (as determined by 1-800Accountant); (d) preparation and filing of Form 2553, Election by a Small Business Corporation, if applicable, as determined by 1-800Accountant; and (f) preparation of one annual federal Schedule C business tax return, if applicable, as determined by 1‑800Accountant. 1-800Accountant will complete these filings electronically where available.
ii) Quarterly Estimated Tax Payment (QETP) services, which includes preparation and submission of quarterly estimates of tax obligations 4 times per year.
iii) Access to the ClientBooks accounting platform and support from a dedicated bookkeeper.
i) You may purchase tax preparation and filing services for additional businesses, members, managers, or partners from 1-800Accountant separately for an additional fee.
ii) Your access to 1-800Accountant tax advice sessions and services will terminate automatically if your Subscription is cancelled or terminated.
3) Responsibility to Provide Information. If additional information is required to complete a filing, you must provide it to 1-800Accountant at least 15 days before the filing due date. 1-800Accountant may reach out to you by email, text message, or phone.
4) The Notices contained in Section 9 (1-800Accountant Third-Party Services) also apply to 1‑800Accountant’s services provided through Equip.
- Legal Forms Library. If you have purchased a package that includes access to the legal forms library, the following provisions apply to you:
a. License. LegalZoom grants you a nonexclusive, nontransferable worldwide right to use the legal forms library (the “Library”) during the time period you have purchased and, for subscription memberships, while your membership remains in good standing (collectively, the “Membership Term”), subject to these Subscription Terms. This license allows you to access, download, use, and edit forms in the Library for your personal use. You may not: (i) license, sublicense, sell, resell, transfer, assign, distribute, or otherwise make available to any third party the Library or any of its contents; or (ii) modify, reproduce, reverse engineer, or make derivative works based on, referring to, or exploiting the Library, its contents, or its source code, except for modifications to the forms for your personal use. All rights not expressly granted to you are reserved by LegalZoom and its licensors.
b. No Guarantee. LegalZoom does not guarantee that any form provided in the Library is suitable for a particular purpose, or that any form included or referenced in the Library is accurate, reliable, complete or timely. The forms included or referenced in the Library are for information purposes only, and should not be relied upon as legal advice. The Library serves as a venue to view and download the forms.
c. Not Legal Advice. LegalZoom is not a law firm and does not provide legal advice or representation. The legal forms library is not a substitute for the advice of an attorney.
- LifePlan. If you are a LifePlan member, the following provisions apply to you:
a. The content of the LifePlan website (https://lifeplan.legalzoom.com) is for informational purposes only, and does not constitute business, financial, investment, legal, or tax advice. LifePlan makes no representation that the content of the LifePlan website is accurate, reliable, or complete. The information contained in the LifePlan website is subject to change without notice. LifePlan shall not be responsible or held liable for any decision you make based on the information contained in the LifePlan website.
b. During advice sessions, LifePlan financial advisors may provide general advice concerning the options available to LifePlan members depending on their specific circumstances and financial objectives. You are solely and exclusively responsible for all financial decisions, whether made as a result of, or while using, LifePlan benefits or otherwise.
c. LifePlan is not a registered investment adviser. LifePlan does not manage investment assets or provide specific investment advice. Please consult with professional investment advisers before making any investment decisions.
d. CFP® and Certified Financial Planner™ and are marks owned by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. (CFP Board). These marks are awarded to individuals who successfully complete the CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements.
e. LifePlan insurance advice sessions may be fulfilled by an independent, third-party partner. LifePlan does not guarantee the substance of information or advice provided by third-party partners, and shall not be responsible or held liable for any decisions you make based on such information or advice. You are solely and exclusively responsible for all insurance decisions, whether made as a result of, or while using, LifePlan benefits or otherwise.
f. LifePlan tax advice sessions are fulfilled by 1-800Accountant, an independent, third-party partner. LifePlan does not guarantee the substance of 1-800Accountant’s advice. LifePlan shall not be responsible or held liable for any decisions you make based on information or advice provided by 1-800Accountant. The Notices contained in Section 9 (1-800Accountant Third-Party Services) also apply to 1-800Accountant’s services provided through LifePlan.
g. LifePlan legal advice sessions are fulfilled by independent third-party attorneys and are also subject to the terms of LegalZoom’s Legal Plan Contract.
h. The following LifePlan Identity Theft Protection services are fulfilled by CSIdentity Corporation (“CSID”), an independent, third-party partner:
Identity Theft Insurance
Lost Wallet Protection
Stolen Funds Reimbursement
The terms set forth in Section 15 (“Identity Protection”) also apply to the services provided by CSID.
- Minutes Manager. If you have purchased a package that includes the LegalZoom Minutes Manager (“Minutes Manager”), the following provisions apply to you:
a. License. LegalZoom grants you a nonexclusive, nontransferable worldwide license to access and use the Minutes Manager during the Membership Term, subject to these Subscription Terms. You shall not: (i) license, sublicense, sell, resell, transfer, assign, distribute, or otherwise make available to any third party the Minutes Manager or any of its contents; or (i) modify, edit, reproduce, reverse engineer, alter, enhance, make derivative works based on or referring to, or in any way exploit the Minutes Manager, its content, or its source code. All rights not expressly granted to you are reserved by LegalZoom and its licensors.
b. No duty to keep records. Minutes Manager serves as a venue to record specific information. LegalZoom does not store Minutes Manager records indefinitely, but will retain Minutes Manager records for a minimum of five years from the date last edited by you.
- Registered Agent Services. Registered agent services are governed by a separate Supplemental Terms of Service for Registered Agent Services (“RA Terms”). If you have purchased the LegalZoom Registered Agent Services, please read the RA Terms carefully.
- Vault Service. If you have purchased a package that includes the LegalZoom Vault Service (“Vault Service”), the following provisions apply to you:
a. Benefits. The Vault Service allows customers to electronically store copies of certain qualifying executed LegalZoom documents (each a “Vault Document”).
b. No Original Documents. Do not send your original documents (each an “Original Document”) to LegalZoom. Customers using the Vault Service are encouraged to retain Original Documents and provide LegalZoom with copies of Original Documents that will serve as Vault Documents. Customers should preserve Original Documents in a secure location. The Vault Service provides a record of, but does not serve as a repository for, Original Documents. LegalZoom will not accept Original Documents as Vault Documents. If LegalZoom believes that it has received Original Documents, it will make reasonable efforts to return those Original Documents to you. However, if you submit an Original Document and LegalZoom retains it as part of the Vault Service, it will be deemed a copy and preserved electronically as a Vault Document only. LegalZoom is not liable for preservation of Original Documents.
c. Reservation of Rights. LegalZoom may store Vault Documents in any format, including hard or electronic copies. If you provide LegalZoom with a hard copy Vault Document, you acknowledge that LegalZoom may create an electronic copy of that Vault Document and destroy the hard copy. References to “photocopy" and “copy” in LegalZoom materials, including the Site, emails, letters, guides, and brochures, do not imply that LegalZoom retains hard copies of Vault Documents. The terms “copy” and “electronic copy” are used interchangeably throughout these Subscription Terms.
Third Party Services
- 1-800Accountant Third-Party Services.
a. Consultation Services. If you have purchased a package that includes access to tax consultation services provided by Accounting Fulfillment Services, LLC aka 1-800Accountant.com (“1-800Accountant”), the following provisions apply to you:
1) Benefits. 1-800Accountant consultation services include telephone consultations of up to 30 minutes each, limited to tax-related matters, with a 1-800Accountant representative. A customer is limited to one consultation on each new tax matter.
2) Limitations. Your access to 1-800Accountant consultation services will terminate automatically when your Subscription is cancelled or terminated.
b. Business Income Tax Preparation Services. If you have purchased a package that includes 1-800Accountant business income tax preparation services (the “Tax Preparation Services”), the following provisions apply to you:
1) Benefits. As part of the Tax Preparation Services and unless specified otherwise in your purchase, 1-800Accountant will prepare and file one federal and, where applicable, one state business income tax return for you (or one federal and state personal tax return for pass-through entities). 1-800Accountant will also file all required (as determined by 1-800Accountant) corresponding forms, schedules, and attachments. 1-800Accountant will complete these filings electronically where available.
2) Limitations. You may purchase tax preparation and filing services for additional members, managers, or partners from 1-800Accountant separately for an additional fee.
c. Compliance Filing Services. If you have purchased a package that includes preparation and filing of specified tax-related forms by 1-800Accountant, the following provisions apply to you:
1) Filing Fees. You are responsible for paying government filing fees.
2) Benefits. 1-800Accountant will prepare and file the tax-related forms specified in your order, as well as (as determined by 1-800Accountant) all corresponding forms, schedules, and attachments. 1-800Accountant will complete these filings electronically where available.
3) Responsibility to Provide Information and Payment. If additional information is required to complete a filing, you must provide it to 1-800Accountant at least 15 days before the filing due date. 1-800Accountant may reach out to you by email, text message, or phone.
1) LegalZoom does not provide tax advice or services. Tax professionals made available through 1-800Accountant are third-party independent contractors who agree to provide tax services directly to you, not through LegalZoom. LegalZoom does not guarantee the substance of the tax professionals’ advice. 1-800Accountant is not affiliated with attorneys made available through Legal Plans.
2) Consultations scheduled through the LegalZoom member center for 1-800Accountant services are transmitted via 1-800Accountant’s proprietary software. 1-800Accountant makes this service available for your convenience. LegalZoom is not liable for any interruptions or delays in this service.
- Business License. If you have purchased a package or an add-on that includes Business Licenses, the provision of these services are subject to the terms and conditions established by Business Licenses, LLC. These terms are available at: https://www.licensesuite.com/search/?terms=1
- Cloud Storage Services. If you have purchased a package that includes access to cloud storage services for online content storage, sharing and processing of files, materials, data, text, audio, video, images, or other content (collectively, “Content”), hosted through the LegalZoom website and applications (“Cloud Services” or “Cloud Service”), the following provisions apply to you:
a. Access to the Cloud Service. You may use the Cloud Services on a non-exclusive basis, solely in strict compliance with these Terms and all applicable laws.
b. Service Provider. You acknowledge and agree that LegalZoom does or may work with third-party sub-providers (each a “Cloud Service Provider”) of our choice to provide some or all of the Cloud Services.
c. Your Account. Only you may use your Cloud Services. You must keep your account and passwords confidential and not authorize any third party to access or use the Cloud Service on your behalf, unless we provide an approved mechanism for such use. LegalZoom and our Cloud Service Provider will not be liable for any loss or damages arising from any unauthorized use of your account.
You represent and warrant that: (a) you have all the rights in the Content necessary for you to use the Cloud Services and to grant the rights in this Cloud Storage Services Section; and (b) the storage, use or transmission of the Content doesn’t violate any law or these Terms.
You will: (a) be solely responsible for the nature, quality and accuracy of the Content; (b) ensure that the Content (including the storage or transmission thereof) complies with these Terms and any and all applicable laws, and regulations; (c) promptly handle and resolve any notices and claims relating to the Content, including any notices sent to you by any person claiming that any Content violates any person’s rights, such as takedown notices pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and any other notices; and (d) maintain appropriate security, protection, and backup copies of the Content, which may include your use of additional encryption technology to protect the Content from unauthorized access. LegalZoom will have no liability of any kind as a result of the deletion of, correction of, destruction of, damage to, loss of or failure to store or encrypt any Content.
e. Unauthorized Use. You must immediately notify LegalZoom in writing of any unauthorized use of: (a) any Content, (b) any account, or (c) the Cloud Services that come to your attention. In the event of any such unauthorized use by a third party that obtained access through you, you will take all steps necessary to terminate such unauthorized use. You will provide LegalZoom with such cooperation and assistance related to any such unauthorized use as LegalZoom may request.
f. Data Limits. LegalZoom reserves the right to limit the amount of Content you may store on the Cloud Services.
g. Content Stored in the United States. The Cloud Services are provided from the United States. By using and accessing the Cloud Services, you understand and consent to the storage and processing of the Content and any other personal information in the United States. LegalZoom and our Cloud Service Provider reserve the right to store and process personal information outside the United States, and will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide you with notice of any such changes in the processing location.
h. Acceptable Use. You must not use the Cloud Services to harm others or the Cloud Services. For example, you must not use the Cloud Services to harm, threaten, or harass another person, organization, or LegalZoom and/or to build a similar service or website. You must not: damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Cloud Services (or any network connected to the Cloud Services); resell or redistribute the Cloud Services or any part of it; use any unauthorized means to modify, reroute, or gain access to the Cloud Services or attempt to carry out these activities; or use any automated process or Cloud Services (such as a bot, a spider, or periodic caching of information stored by LegalZoom) to access or use the Cloud Services. In addition, you promise that you will not and will not encourage or assist any third party to:
1. modify, alter, tamper with, repair or otherwise create derivative works of any software;
2. reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile the software used to provide or access the Cloud Services, including the software, or attempt to discover or recreate the source code used to provide or access the Cloud Services, except and only to the extent that the applicable law expressly permits doing so;
4. sell, lend, rent, resell, lease, sublicense or otherwise transfer any of the rights granted to you with respect to the Cloud Services to any third party;
5. remove, obscure or alter any proprietary rights notice pertaining to the Cloud Services;
6. access or use the Cloud Services in a way intended to improperly avoid incurring fees or exceeding any usage limits or quotas;
7. use the Cloud Services in connection with the operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft navigation, communication systems, medical devices, air traffic control devices, real time control systems or other situations in which the failure of the Cloud Services could lead to death, personal injury, or physical property or environmental damage;
8. use the Cloud Services to: (i) engage in any unlawful or fraudulent activity or perpetrate a hoax or engage in phishing schemes or forgery or other similar falsification or manipulation of data; (ii) send unsolicited or unauthorized junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other form of duplicative or unsolicited messages, whether commercial or otherwise; (iii) store or transmit inappropriate Content, such as Content: (1) containing unlawful, defamatory, threatening, pornographic, abusive, libelous or otherwise objectionable material of any kind or nature, (2) containing any material that encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, or (3) in a way that violates or infringes upon the intellectual property rights or the privacy or publicity rights of any person or entity or that may otherwise be unlawful or give rise to civil or criminal liability; (iv) store or transmit any Content that contains or is used to initiate a denial of service attack, software viruses or other harmful or deleterious computer code, files or programs such as Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or spyware; or (v) abuse, harass, stalk or otherwise violate the legal rights of a third party;
9. interfere with or disrupt servers or networks used by LegalZoom or its Cloud Service Provider to provide the Cloud Services or used by other users’ to access the Cloud Services, or violate any third party regulations, policies, or procedures of such servers or networks or harass or interfere with another user’s full use and enjoyment of any software or the Cloud Services;
10. access or attempt to access LegalZoom’s or our Cloud Service Provider’s other accounts, computer systems or networks not covered by these Terms, trough password mining or any other means; or
11. cause, in LegalZoom’s sole discretion, inordinate burden on the Cloud Services or LegalZoom’s system resources or capacity.
LegalZoom and our Cloud Service Provider will make all judgements concerning the applicability of these guidelines in our sole and exclusive discretion. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to determine whether and what action to take in response to each violation, and any action or inaction in a particular instance will not dictate or limit our response to a future complaint. We will not assume or have any liability for any action or inaction with respect to any Content.
i. Identification. LegalZoom reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to deactivate, change, and/or require you to change your LegalZoom user ID and any custom or vanity URLs, custom links, or vanity domains you may obtain through the Cloud Services for any reason or for no reason. LegalZoom may exercise such right at any time, with or without prior notice.
j. Updates to the Cloud Services. LegalZoom reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to make necessary unscheduled deployments of changes, updates or enhancements to the Cloud Services at any time. We may add or remove functionalities or features, and we may suspend or stop Cloud Services altogether.
k. Software. If you receive software from us, its use is governed in one of two ways: If you’re presented with license terms that you must accept in order to use the software, those terms apply; if no license is presented to you, these Terms apply. We reserve all other rights to the Software.
We may automatically check your version of the Software. We may also automatically download to your computer or device new versions of the Software.
Any software is licensed, not sold. Unless we notify you otherwise, the software license ends when your Cloud Services end. You must then promptly uninstall the Software, or we may disable it. You must not work around any technical limitations in the Software.
The software is subject to applicable U.S. export laws and regulations. You must comply with all domestic and international export laws and regulations that apply to the software. These laws include restrictions on destinations, end users, and end use. Without limitation, you may not transfer the software or Cloud Services without U.S. government permissions to anyone on U.S. government exclusion lists (see the Commerce Department’s compliance list at http://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/lists-of-parties-of-concern. You represent and warrant that you’re not on any of those lists or under the control of or an agent for anyone on those lists or the entities listed above.
l. LegalZoom Proprietary Rights. As between LegalZoom and you, LegalZoom or its licensors own and reserve all right, title, and interest in and to the Cloud Services and all hardware, software and other items used to provide the Cloud Service, other than the rights explicitly granted to you to use the Cloud Services in accordance with these Terms. No title to or ownership of any proprietary rights related to the Cloud Services are transferred to you pursuant to these Terms. All rights not explicitly granted to you are reserved by LegalZoom and our Cloud Service Provider. In the event that you provide the comments, suggestions, and recommendations to LegalZoom with respect to the Cloud Services (including, without limitation, with respect to modifications, enhancements, improvements and other changes to the Cloud Services) (collectively, “Feedback”), you hereby grant to LegalZoom and its Cloud Service Provider a world-wide, royalty free, irrevocable, perpetual license to use and otherwise incorporate any Feedback in connection with the Cloud Services.
n. NO WARRANTY. LEGALZOOM MAKES NO (AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL) REPRESENTATIONS THAT THE CLOUD SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR- FREE OR FREE OF HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE CONTENT WILL BE SECURE OR NOT OTHERWISE LOST OR DAMAGED.
- Domain. If you have purchased a package that includes the purchase of a domain, the following provisions apply to you:
a. You will be asked to accept the Domain Name Registration Agreement and, if applicable, the Domain Name Proxy Agreement prior to purchasing your domain. The scope of the DNRA and DNPA are limited to your purchase of a domain and do not apply to any other product or service that you may purchase from LegalZoom. In addition to the DNRA and DNPA, your purchase of a domain is also subject to:
i. ICANN Registrants' Benefits and Responsibilities, available here: https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/benefits-2013-09-16-en; and
ii. ICANN Registrar Transfer Dispute Resolution Policy, available here: https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/tdrp-2012-02-25-en.
- Dun & Bradstreet Third-Party Services. If you have purchased a package that includes access to CreditAlert™ services provided by Dun & Bradstreet, a division of Dun & Bradstreet, Inc., (“DBCC Services”), the following provisions apply to you:
1. You will be contacted by Dun & Bradstreet and, if your entity is already formed, you will receive a unique numeric identifier for your business (“DUNS Number”) through Dun & Bradstreet, Inc. If your entity is not yet formed, you will receive your DUNS Number following formation.
2. After you receive your DUNS Number, you will receive real-time notifications of changes to your file that may affect your business credit score.
3. After you receive your DUNS Number, you will receive alerts related to major company events such as suits, liens, and judgments.
b. Limitations. Your access to DBCC Services will terminate automatically on the earlier to occur of: (i) the cancellation of the Legal Plan Bundle or Subscription; or (ii) the termination of LegalZoom’s agreement with Dun & Bradstreet.
- G Suite. If you have purchased a package that includes access to G Suite provided by Google LLC (“Google”), the following provisions apply to you:
a. LegalZoom is an authorized independent reseller of G Suite. You, LegalZoom, and Google are independent contractors with respect to the resale of G Suite.
b. Unless Google expressly agrees otherwise in writing, you must accept the Google Terms of Service, with no alteration or amendment, prior to your first log in to G Suite.
c. You agree that LegalZoom may disclose the personal information you provide in connection with your purchase of G Suite to Google, for use by Google in accordance with the Google Terms of Service, including applicable confidentiality, data processing, and security terms. Google may use your contact information to communicate directly with you for the following purposes:
- as required to execute any non-standard customer order, for example, non-standard requests for billing and product provisioning;
- for purposes related to the provisioning of G Suite to customers’ accounts, including in relation to any product updates or security incidents;
- as required to ensure customers are notified of available options to maintain continuity in product provisioning,
- to conduct customer service and satisfaction surveys; and
- to inform customers about new or additional Google products related to G Suite.
LegalZoom may also disclose your contact information to Google as reasonably required for Google to provide technical support to LegalZoom in connection with issues you may experience related to G Suite.
d. You are responsible for providing the necessary notices, and obtaining and maintaining any consents, required from the individual end users who use your G Suite product, to allow Google and LegalZoom to perform their respective contractual obligations with respect to your account.
e. The Service Level Agreement, as defined in the Google Terms of Service, sets our your sole and exclusive remedy of any failure by Google to meet the Service Legal Agreement, and you must request any such remedies directly from LegalZoom.
f. Google will only provide technical support directly to you as set out in the Google Terms of Service.
- Identity Protection. If you have purchased a package that includes access to LegalZoom Identity Protection or Business Data Protection (collectively “Identity Protection”), the following provisions apply to you:
a. Availability of Service. Identity Protection is available only to residents of the United States. If you live outside of the United States and have purchased a subscription that includes Identity Protection, you are not authorized to use these services.
d. Use. You agree that you will use the services to protect against or prevent actual fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims or other liabilities, and not for any other purpose.
e. No Warranty.. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. LEGALZOOM, CSIDENTITY CORPORATION, AND THEIR DATA PROVIDERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES AND DISCLAIM ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT THERETO. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, LEGALZOOM, CSIDENTITY CORPORATION, AND THEIR DATA PROVIDERS DO NOT GUARANTEE OR WARRANT THE ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS, CURRENTNESS, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF THE SERVICES AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY ARISING OUT OF OR CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY USE OF THE SERVICES OR THE DATA THEREIN.
f. We are not a credit repair organization, or similarly regulated organization under other applicable laws, and do not provide credit repair advice.
g. Our credit monitoring offerings monitor only the credit file associated with the purchasing consumer, and do not monitor, compare or cross-reference the credit file associated with the purchasing consumer to any other credit file(s) maintained by the applicable credit bureau(s).
h. Fair Credit Reporting Act. The Fair Credit Reporting Act allows you to obtain from each credit reporting agency a disclosure of all the information in your credit file at the time of the request. Full disclosure of information in your file at a credit reporting agency must be obtained directly from such credit reporting agency. The credit reports provided or requested through our Site are not intended to constitute the disclosure of information by a credit reporting agency as required by the Fair Credit Reporting Act or similar laws.
Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act you are entitled to receive an annual free disclosure of your credit report from each of the national credit reporting agencies. To request your free annual report under the FCRA, you must go to www.annualcreditreport.com. You can also contact the central source to request this free annual disclosure by calling toll free (877) 322-8228 or by using the mail request form available at the central source Website.
You are entitled to receive a free copy of your credit report from a credit reporting agency if:
1. You have been denied or were otherwise notified of an adverse action related to credit, insurance, employment, or a government granted license or other government granted benefit within the past sixty (60) days based on information in a credit report provided by such agency.
2. You have been denied house/apartment rental or were required to pay a higher deposit than usually required within the past sixty (60) days based on information in a credit report provided by such agency.
3. You certify in writing that you are unemployed and intend to apply for employment during the sixty (60) day period beginning on the date on which you made such certification.
4. You certify in writing that you are a recipient of public welfare assistance.
5. You certify in writing that you have reason to believe that your file at such credit reporting agency contains inaccurate information due to fraud.
In addition, if you reside in the state of Colorado, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, or Vermont, you are entitled to receive a free copy of your credit report once a year and if you reside in the state of Georgia, you are entitled to receive a free copy of your credit report twice a year. For Illinois residents, credit reporting agencies are required by law to give you a copy of your credit record upon request at no charge or for a nominal fee. Otherwise, a consumer reporting agency may impose a reasonable charge for providing you with a copy of your credit report.
The Fair Credit Reporting Act provides that you may dispute inaccurate or incomplete information in your credit report. YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PURCHASE YOUR CREDIT REPORT FROM ANY OF THE CREDIT BUREAUS IN ORDER TO DISPUTE INACCURATE OR INCOMPLETE INFORMATION IN YOUR REPORT OR TO RECEIVE A COPY OF YOUR REPORT FROM EQUIFAX, EXPERIAN OR TRANSUNION, THE THREE NATIONAL CREDIT REPORTING AGENCIES, OR FROM ANY OTHER CREDIT REPORTING AGENCY.
It may be the policies of Equifax, Experian and/or TransUnion to provide a complimentary copy of the consumer credit report under circumstances other than those described above. If you wish to contact Equifax, Experian or TransUnion to obtain a copy of your credit report directly from such agency or if you wish to dispute information contained in an Equifax, Experian or TransUnion credit report file, please contact such entities as follows:
- Law Firm Legal Plan Services. If you have purchased a Legal Plan (Legal Advantage Plus or Business Advantage Pro) which includes legal services provided by Pulse, the following provisions apply to you:
a. Law firm. Your relationship with Pulse is governed by the Pulse Global Services Limited Limited Scope Representation Agreement.
b. Billing. LegalZoom.com, Inc. will process payment pursuant to these Subscription Terms for your subscription bundle.
c. LegalZoom Equip. If you have purchased an Equip package, refer instead to the Equip terms at Section 3 for the terms that apply to your purchase
- Fees. If you purchase a Subscription, you must pay all charges to your account relating to that Subscription, including applicable taxes and fees for the use of additional features not included as part of your Subscription. You will be charged in accordance with the billing terms in effect at the time of your initial purchase. If you purchase a Subscription that is charged in full on purchase, in each renewal period for that Subscription, you must pay the total cost of the next subscription period by the first day of that period. For each Subscription, your charge remains for each subscription period no matter if you access the services or Site during any subscription term. In other words, EVEN IF YOU DO NOT USE THE SUBSCRIPTION, INCLUDING ACCESSING THE LIBRARY, CREATING MINUTES USING THE MINUTES MANAGER, OR ANY THIRD-PARTY SERVICES, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUBSCRIPTION FEES UNTIL YOU CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION OR IT IS OTHERWISE TERMINATED. For more information about canceling your Subscription, see the Termination and Cancellation section below.
- Billing. You must provide valid credit card information at the time of purchase to allow payment for the initial Membership Term of a Subscription.
For any automatically renewing Subscriptions, your Subscription will renew at the end of the initial Membership Term (the “Billing Date”) and at the end of each successive Membership Term, until you notify us that you want to terminate your Subscription under these Subscription Terms or your Subscription is otherwise terminated. If you do not notify us, your credit card will automatically be charged for the renewal term of your Subscription on your Billing Date. If your purchase date is on the 29th through 31st day of any month, your Billing Date for renewals in months with fewer days will fall on the last day of the month. LegalZoom may adjust your Billing Date in subsequent renewal periods without notice. This will be reflected by a charge to your account on a prorated basis according to the number of days that have passed since the Billing Date of your latest renewal charge. Unless LegalZoom otherwise notifies you in advance under these Subscription Terms, the renewal charge will be equal to the original purchase price for the Subscription. LegalZoom may obtain automatic updates for any expiring credit cards you have provided.
You must pay LegalZoom the fees associated with your Subscription. Additional discounts may be available for members purchasing multiple months up front or as part of certain promotions.
- Notice of Automatic Renewal. We may send a reminder email to your account’s email address of record before your Billing Date. Unless required by law in the state where you reside, LegalZoom is not obligated to provide this notice. You acknowledge that (i) your failure to read, (ii) your inability to receive, or (iii) LegalZoom’s failure to send the email creates no liability for LegalZoom or any Third-Party Service.
- Promotional Trial Memberships. We sometimes offer customers trial memberships, all of which are subject to these Subscription Terms (unless otherwise stated in the offer). For a trial or other promotional membership with no initial charge, you agree we may authorize a charge of up to one dollar ($1) to your method of payment to verify your payment source. AT THE COMPLETION OF A TRIAL MEMBERSHIP, UNLESS YOU CHOOSE TO CANCEL BY CALLING 888-310-0151 OR THROUGH THE “MY ACCOUNT” PORTAL, YOUR SUBSCRIPTION WILL RENEW AUTOMATICALLY AND YOUR CREDIT CARD WILL BE CHARGED TO BEGIN YOUR INITIAL MEMBERSHIP TERM.
Use of Service
- General Practices. You acknowledge that LegalZoom may establish general practices and limits concerning use of its Subscriptions or Third-Party Services, including the maximum number of forms you may access in the Library in a given period of time, the number of times (and the maximum duration for which) you may access the Library in a given period of time, the maximum number of days that data, schedules, calendars, or other uploaded content will be retained by the Compliance Calendar or Minutes Manager, and the maximum disk space that will be allotted on LegalZoom’s servers on your behalf.
LegalZoom is not liable for the deletion of or failure to store any content maintained or transmitted by any Subscription benefit.
LegalZoom may subcontract any obligations required under a Subscription without your consent.
- Responsibility for Misuse. You may not: (i) license, sublicense, sell, resell, transfer, assign, distribute, or otherwise make available to any party the benefits granted to you by or any content in your Subscription; or (ii) change, reproduce, reverse engineer, make derivative works based on or referring to, or in any way exploit the licenses you have been granted with your Subscription, or content or source code in your Subscription.
You are responsible for all expenses incurred or other actions that may occur through your use of a Subscription. You must alert us immediately of any fraudulent, unauthorized, illegal, or suspicious use of a Subscription or Subscription benefits, or any other breach of security or unauthorized or illegal activity that you reasonably suspect.
- Authority to Enter Agreement. If you are entering into these Subscription Terms on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent that you have the legal authority to bind that entity to these terms and understand that the terms “you” or “your” refer to that entity. If you do not have that authority or if you do not agree with these Subscription Terms, you may not sign up for or use any Subscription or Third-Party Service. If after your purchase we find that you do not have authority to bind the entity for which you ordered, you will be personally responsible for the obligations in these Subscription Terms and the order you placed, including all payment obligations. LegalZoom is not liable for any loss or damage resulting from our reliance on any communication reasonably believed by us to be genuine and originating from an authorized representative of your company. If there is reasonable doubt about the authenticity of any communication, we may, but are not obliged to, require additional authentication from your company.
- Changes to Subscriptions.
a. General Changes. LegalZoom may discontinue the offering of a Subscription, including the functionality, content, or availability of any features of Subscriptions or Third-Party Services, at any time in its sole discretion. We may also impose limits on features and services or restrict your access to all or part of the Subscription. However, you have the right to cancel your membership should we materially decrease benefits.
If we add new features to a Subscription, including releasing new forms in the Library or adding Third-Party Services, the new features will be subject to these Subscription Terms.
If you add a product or service to your subscription, LegalZoom has the discretion to charge you a prorated portion of the costs to align your renewal date with your current subscription. LegalZoom will provide you notice before doing so.
b. Fee Adjustments. LegalZoom may increase Subscription fees by notifying you of new fees at least 30 days before the beginning of a renewal term. The new fees will be effective on the first day of the renewal term. If you do not cancel your subscription, you will be deemed to have accepted the new fees for the renewal term and subsequent renewal terms (unless the fees are increased in the same manner for a subsequent renewal term). Reductions in fees become effective on the first day of the next renewal term without a pro rata adjustment for the period covered under the prior fee schedule.
c. Renewal Term Adjustments. LegalZoom offers subscriptions of various lengths. LegalZoom may increase the renewal term from monthly, quarterly, or otherwise, to quarterly, annually, or otherwise at our discretion by notifying you of the new renewal term at least 30 days before the beginning of a renewal term. If you do not cancel your subscription, you will be deemed to have accepted the new renewal term moving forward (unless the renewal term is changed in the same manner for a subsequent renewal term).
d. Discontinuation and Replacement of Subscriptions. Should LegalZoom cease to offer your subscription, we can discontinue your subscription, continue to provide it to you, or provision a replacement (similar or comparable product) at the then-current price. Additional fees may be charged for such replacement subscription. LegalZoom will notify you of new fees at least 30 days before they become effective.
Termination or Cancellation
- By LegalZoom.
a. LegalZoom may terminate your use of all or part of the Subscriptions or Third-Party Services in its sole discretion. As your sole remedy, we will refund to you any prepaid fees specifically related to the current term of that Subscription or Third-Party Service.
b. If you do not pay on the Billing Date, as described in the Billing section above, you can correct your credit card information and pay the outstanding amounts before the one-month anniversary of your Billing Date. If you have not made any payment on your Subscription by the one-month anniversary of your Billing Date, LegalZoom may suspend your service and terminate that Subscription.
c. Your right to use a Subscription is subject to any limits established by LegalZoom or by your credit card issuer. If payment cannot be charged to your credit card or your charge is returned for any reason, including through a chargeback, LegalZoom may, in its sole and absolute discretion, suspend or terminate your access and account, which will terminate these Subscription Terms and our obligations under them. If a charge made to your credit card is declined, LegalZoom may make up to five attempts to bill that card over a thirty-day period.
d. If you wish to reactivate your account after a termination, there will be no setup or reactivation fees. However, if your account was terminated for nonpayment, it will be reactivated only after LegalZoom receives the full amount past due. If an expired account is reactivated, the new term begins on the reactivation date.
- By Subscriber.
a. You may examine these Subscription Terms for ten days after you have received them. If during this period you decide that you are not satisfied with the Subscription Terms, you may have any prepaid amounts refunded, and these Subscription Terms will be considered voided as if they had not been issued.
b. For all Subscriptions other than LifePlan and Divorce, you may cancel your Subscription at any time by calling our Customer Care Center at (888) 310-0151 or by cancelling online through the “My Account” portal. After you have cancelled, your Subscription will remain active until the end of then-current period.
c. LifePlan Subscriptions:
i. Employment or Membership Benefit: If you have purchased a Subscription to LifePlan as part of your benefits package through your employer or professional organization, you can learn about how and when you can cancel your Subscription by calling our Member Advisors at 888-556-0888, emailing our Member Advisors, or by talking to your human resources department.
ii. Continuation of Coverage: If you have purchased a Subscription to LifePlan to continue the coverage that you previously received through an employer or membership, you can cancel your Subscription at any time by calling our Member Advisors at 888-556-0888 or by cancelling online through the “My Account” portal. After you have cancelled, your Subscription will remain active until the end of your then-current period.
d. Divorce Subscriptions: If you have purchased a Subscription for LegalZoom’s Divorce product, you may cancel your Subscription by calling the support team at [phone number] or by cancelling online through your account in the “My Profile” link. After you have cancelled, your Subscription will remain active until the end of your then-current period.
- Services After Termination. After your Subscription is terminated or your Membership Term has ended, you will not be able to access the corresponding Subscription offerings.
- Dispute Resolution. The parties shall arbitrate all disputes and claims pursuant to the Dispute Resolution by Binding Arbitration section of the Terms of Service.
- Non-English-Speaking Customers. I understand that certain materials on the LegalZoom site, including but not limited to questionnaires, documents, instructions, and filings, are only available in English. Non-English translations of these Terms, as well as other terms, conditions, and policies, are provided for convenience only. In the event of any ambiguity or conflict between translations, the English version is authoritative and controls.
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Circular 230 Tax Advice Disclosure. To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS under Circular 230, we inform you that any U.S. federal tax advice contained in any communication from LegalZoom is and was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (a) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (b) promoting, marketing, or recommending to another party any matters addressed therein.
- NO GUARANTEE. LAWS, REGULATIONS, AND ADMINISTRATIVE REQUIREMENTS CHANGE OFTEN, AND THEIR APPLICATION AND IMPACT VARY FROM COMPANY TO COMPANY AND INDUSTRY TO INDUSTRY. FORMS, EMAILS AND SMS TEXT MESSAGE COMMUNICATIONS ARE NOT INTENDED TO PROVIDE OR SUBSTITUTE FOR ACCOUNTING, LEGAL, BUSINESS, TAX, OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL ADVICE OR SERVICES. THEY ARE OFFERED FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY. COMPLIANCE WITH ALL LAWS AND REGULATIONS REMAINS YOUR SOLE AND ABSOLUTE RESPONSIBILITY. BEFORE TAKING ANY BUSINESS OR LEGAL ACTION BASED ON INFORMATION FROM THE SITE, THE LIBRARY OR ANY EMAIL OR SMS TEXT MESSAGE COMMUNICATION, YOU SHOULD CONSULT WITH A FINANCIAL OR LEGAL PROFESSIONAL TO VERIFY DEADLINES AND DETERMINE WHETHER SUCH ACTIONS ARE APPROPRIATE FOR YOU BASED ON YOUR PERSONAL OR BUSINESS NEEDS. WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE COMPLIANCE PACKAGE FILING GUARANTEE, NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE GIVEN REGARDING THE LEGAL OR OTHER CONSEQUENCES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF ANY SUBSCRIPTION.
Updated: August 29, 2019