Knowledge Center

Name Change FAQ

What is involved in a court ordered name change?

There are three basic steps to having your name changed by a court. The first step is filing an action in the proper court with the applicable forms and fee. In most states, the petitioner (the individual making the request) must publish a notice in a local newspaper stating that the action for name change has been filed. Also, the petitioner may be required to notify specific individuals affected by the name change.

Banner Icon Make today the day you start something amazing. Change your name in minutes. Get Started