Knowledge Center


Should I obtain a Tax Identification Number for my DBA?

When you start a business, you will need to identify it with either (1) your Social Security number or (2) a tax identification number also known as an "Employer Identification Number (EIN)," or "Federal Tax Id Number (FEIN)." Most people obtain a tax identification number because it simplifies separating business and personal affairs.

LegalZoom can help you obtain your EIN. To learn more and speak with a representative, please call us at (888) 381-8758.

Banner Icon Make today the day you start something amazing. File your DBA today. Get Started