Make a landlord consent to sublease in minutes
Grant written permission for a tenant to sublease.Create now
SAMPLE LANDLORD CONSENT TO SUBLEASE
This consent to sublease is between
The Landlord is the
The Landlord, as lessor, and the Tenant, as lessee, entered into a lease agreement covering the Property, a copy of which is attached as Exhibit A (the "Lease").
The Tenant wishes to sublease
The parties therefore agree as follows:
1. CONSENT TO SUBLEASE.
The Landlord hereby consents to the Tenant's sublease of the Lease to the New Tenant on the terms of the sublease of the Lease, a copy of which is attached as Exhibit B (the "Sublease"). The Landlord's consent to the sublease does not constitute consent to any subsequent subleases or assignments of the Property. The Tenant shall provide the Landlord with a fully executed copy of the Sublease promptly after it is signed.
2. CONTINUING LIABILITY OF TENANT.
The Tenant acknowledges that:
- (a) it remains primarily liable for, and is not released from, the performance of all terms of the Lease, notwithstanding the Landlord's consent to the Sublease or any breach committed by the New Tenant under the Sublease; and
- (b) the Landlord may pursue any remedies available if the Tenant breaches the Lease, without regard to the performance by the New Tenant of the terms of the Sublease.
3. CONTINUING EFFECTIVENESS OF LEASE.
All other terms of the Lease remain in full force and effect, including the prohibition against further assignments and subleases without the Landlord's express written consent.
4. MONTHLY BASIC RENT.
The rent due from the New Tenant under the Sublease is not greater than the rent due from the Tenant under the Lease.
5. SUBLEASE SUBORDINATE TO LEASE; CONSENT.
The Sublease is subject and subordinate to the Lease and this consent. Neither the Tenant nor the New Tenant may do or permit anything to be done in connection with the Sublease or the New Tenant's occupancy of the Property that would violate the Lease or this consent.
6. CHOICE OF LAW.
- (a) Choice of Law. The laws of the state of
govern this agreement (without giving effect to its conflicts of law principles).
- (b) Choice of Forum. Both parties consent to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts in
7. COUNTERPARTS; ELECTRONIC SIGNATURES.
- (a) Counterparts. The parties may execute this consent in any number of counterparts, each of which is an original but all of which constitute one and the same instrument.
- (b) Electronic Signatures. This consent, agreements ancillary to this consent, and related documents entered into in connection with this consent are signed when a party's signature is delivered by facsimile, email, or other electronic medium. These signatures must be treated in all respects as having the same force and effect as original signatures.
[SIGNATURE PAGE FOLLOWS]
Each party is signing this agreement on the date stated opposite that party's signature.
[PAGE BREAK HERE]
Attach copy of Lease
[PAGE BREAK HERE]
Attach copy of Sublease
Why use our help with legal forms? A million reasons
A successful track record
Almost two million businesses have trusted us to help get them started, and millions have let us help them grow, no matter what shape or size.
Our carefully prepared questionnaires take out the guess work. Your answers fill in the forms easily and correctly, the first time.
Real, live support
We have customer support specialists just a phone call away to help steer you in the right direction.
Here's the info you'll need to have handy to complete your doc:
Who the tenant is
Have their name and contact info ready.
Who the landlord is
Have their information available, too.
Know the address of the rental property.
What's a landlord consent to sublease?
In most lease agreements, a tenant is not allowed to sublease their interest in real estate without prior written consent of their landlord. In the case where the landlord is willing to allow a sublease, it is important to have all the information detailed in a landlord's consent to sublease.