(1) License; Responsibilities.
(1) a limited, non-exclusive, nontransferable, royalty free, revocable license to download and use the content located in the Press Center of the LegalZoom web site, which content may include downloadable photos and logos, drawings, trademarks, and rendered images (the “LZ Licensed Property”), solely for Licensed Uses, as described in greater detail below.
(3) LegalZoom reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate or modify your permission to display the LZ Licensed Property and to take action against any use that does not conform to these terms and conditions, infringes any LegalZoom intellectual property or other right, or violates applicable law.
(b) General Responsibilities.
(2) You agree that you will not, and will not assist any third party to, register or attempt to register any portion of the LZ Licensed Property or any colorable variation thereof as a trademark, service mark, copyright, trade dress, patent, or otherwise in your own name, and that you will cooperate fully as requested by LegalZoom in connection with any registration of any portion of the LZ Licensed Property by LegalZoom.
(c) Specific Limitations.
(1) The LZ Licensed Property may be used by Authorized Users for editorial purposes only, in close proximity to or in obvious connection with published articles, newspapers, news magazines, web pages, documentations, trade publications, and broadcast media articles or stories specifically about LegalZoom or its products or services (the “Licensed Uses”).
(2) The LZ Licensed Property may not be copied, distributed, or used apart from the Licensed Uses or the applicable product or service. For example, you may not redistribute a logo in hard copy or electronic form or make it available online for others to copy. It may only be used in the manner set forth herein.
(3) The LZ Licensed Property may not be used to suggest that LegalZoom owns, endorses, or sponsors products and services other than the products and services of LegalZoom.
(4) The LZ Licensed Property must be used exactly as provided by LegalZoom, with no changes. All logos and photographs must be displayed in their entirety. Changes that distort, remove, modify, or animate the logos themselves or any of their design elements or incorporated text, including but not limited to the trade dress, the color, the proportion, the artwork, or the trademark symbols are strictly prohibited.
(5) Minimum clearance must be maintained between the logo and the other elements. Clear space around the logo should be equal to one half the height of the logo, including any text incorporated into the logo. More detailed guidelines are available here: LegalZoom Logo Style Guide
(6) Use of the LZ Licensed Property must be consistent with the public image of LegalZoom and community standards regarding obscenity or indecency. Use of the LZ Licensed Property in anything other than a professional manner is strictly prohibited.
(7) Product or service vendors are not permitted to use LegalZoom logos. Logos that appear in the Press Center are intended for press agencies and journalists only.
(1) In Text. Media and the press may use the LegalZoom word mark in text without prior approval from LegalZoom, provided that the uses are truthful, fair, and not misleading. However, you may not use any LegalZoom logos unless specifically authorized by LegalZoom to do so.
(2) Limitations on Trademark Use. Your use of the trademarks of LegalZoom is subject to the following additional limitations:
(i) LegalZoom®, LegalZoom.com®, LegalZip®, the bi-colored “flying document” logo®, Proxilaw®, We Put the Law on Your Side®, all images and text, and all page headers, custom graphics, and button icons are service marks, trademarks, and/or trade dress of LegalZoom.com, Inc. All other trademarks, product names, and company names or logos cited herein are the property of their respective owners.
(ii) PLEASE USE OUR TRADEMARKS PROPERLY. Use correct trademark form: proper spelling and capitalization, no abbreviations.
(iii) Use the registered-trademark, trademark symbol, or service mark symbol (@ or ™ or SM) at the upper-right corner immediately following the LegalZoom trademark. If symbols are unavailable or inaccessible, use parentheses: (TM), (SM), and (R).
(iv) Use the trademark symbol for the most prominent mention of the mark, such as in an article’s title, heading, or first mention of the mark. Subsequent acknowledgements within the document are not necessary.
(v) If possible, include the following notice somewhere in your text, such as in a footnote or small print at the bottom of the page: “LegalZoom and all other LegalZoom product or service names are registered trademarks or trademarks of Legalzoom.com, Inc. in the USA and other countries. ® indicates USA registration.” on materials.
(vi) Do not use LegalZoom as a noun. LegalZoom should be used as an adjective modifying a noun. Use the correct generic name or descriptor immediately after first mention of the trademark in text.
RIGHT: My company is licensed to provide LegalZip® software.
WRONG: My company is licensed to provide LegalZip®.
(vii) Do not use LegalZoom trademarks in the possessive form.
RIGHT: The executives of LegalZoom® have vast libraries of knowledge.
WRONG: LegalZoom’s executives have vast libraries of knowledge.
(viii) Do not make trademarks plural.
RIGHT: Our company is conveniently located near two Post Office™ locations.
WRONG: Our company is conveniently located near two Post Offices.
(f) Use of Quotations. All quotations taken from the Press Center must be reproduced verbatim, not paraphrased or summarized. Quotations from interviews with LegalZoom representatives should be identified with the representative’s name, title, and company name.
(g) Goodwill of the LZ Licensed Property.
(1) You recognize the great value of the goodwill associated with the LZ Licensed Property, and acknowledge that the LZ Licensed Property and all rights therein, and goodwill pertaining thereto, belong exclusively to LegalZoom. You agree that you will not attack the title or any rights of LegalZoom in and to the LZ Licensed Property or attack the validity of the license granted hereunder. You understand that this license can be revoked by LegalZoom at any time. If LegalZoom does revoke this license, you must destroy or delete all copies of the LZ Licensed Property in your possession.
(3) You further agree at all times to use the LZ Licensed Property only in connection with legitimate editorial purposes. You agree to provide LegalZoom, on the request of LegalZoom, with copies of the editorial pieces with which the LZ Licensed Property is used to ensure that you are complying with the quality standards required herein.
(4) You agree to take all commercially reasonable efforts to prevent third parties from misappropriating or obtaining unauthorized access, use or transmission of the LZ Licensed Property (collectively, the “Unauthorized Uses”). In the event that you learn of an Unauthorized Use, you shall promptly and fully inform LegalZoom of all facts known to you with respect to such Unauthorized Use. LegalZoom may, at its own expense, institute any legal action or proceeding to obtain any relief permitted in law, equity or both, against any persons or entities causing, directly or indirectly, such Unauthorized Use, and if any such action or proceeding is instituted, you shall reasonably cooperate with LegalZoom in connection therewith.
(h) No Additional Rights. Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed to confer any additional rights on you by implication, estoppel, or otherwise as to the intellectual property rights of LegalZoom other than as specifically enumerated herein, regardless of whether such additional rights shall be dominant or subordinate to any intellectual property rights.
You agree to defend, indemnify and save harmless LegalZoom, its officers, agents, and employees from and against any and all liability, claims, demands, fines, fees, expenses, penalties, suits, proceedings, actions, and costs of action, including attorneys’ fees for trial and on appeal, of any kind and nature arising out of or in any way connected with your use of the LZ Licensed Property.
(3) Limitation of Liability.