How It Works
If you're already a legal plan member, sign in and schedule a consultation with an attorney. Select "Franchise Disclosure Document Review” under the Legal Matter dropdown. Your attorney will contact you to discuss the document and will provide instructions for submitting the fee. When your document review is complete, your attorney will schedule another consultation to review the recommendations and answer any questions you might have.
If you're not yet a member, sign up for the Business Legal Plan. The plan entitles you to legal advice, tax advice, and many other valuable benefits for a low, flat monthly fee.
View additional benefits
- What is a Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD)?
- A Franchise Disclosure Document is a legal document that is presented to prospective buyers of franchises in the presale disclosure process. It is intended to give the potential franchisee enough information to make an educated decision about their investment. However, it is often lengthy and full of legal jargon and can be difficult to understand.
- What is the maximum number of pages that can be reviewed by my attorney?
- Normally, the legal document review benefit that comes with legal plan membership only covers 10 pages. Franchise Disclosure Documents can run from 100 to over 300 pages in length. LegalZoom has negotiated with the participating law firm a special flat fee for Business Advantage Pro members regardless of the number of pages.
- What's included in the Franchise Disclosure Document review with the attorney?
- You will receive a 30-minute introductory phone consultation with an attorney to discuss your goals, objectives and concerns. The attorney will review the document privately and write up a customized report explaining the obligations, costs, benefits, and any other terms or conditions contained in the document that you should be aware of. The attorney will go over this document with you in a 30-minute follow-up phone call during which you can ask questions and seek guidance.
View a Sample Document
See a sample of what you will receive from your attorney as part of your Franchise Disclosure Document review.
View Sample Document ››
Answered all of my questions thoroughly and was very responsive and accommodating.
John M., Senoia, GA
Call (877) 818-8787
5:00am - 8:00pm PT
7:00am - 4:00pm PT
This portion of the LegalZoom website is an advertisement. This portion of the LegalZoom website is not a lawyer referral service. LegalZoom does not endorse or recommend any lawyer or law firm who advertises on our site. We do not make any representation and have not made any judgment as to the qualifications, expertise or credentials of any participating lawyer. The information contained on this site is not legal advice. Any information you submit through this site may not be protected by attorney-client privilege and may be provided to attorneys for the purpose of determining your need for legal services. All case evaluations are performed by a participating attorney.
To see the attorney in your area who is responsible for this advertisement, please click here
. If you live in Alabama, Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, South Dakota, Utah or Wyoming, please click here
for additional information. Not available in Hawaii, Kansas, Michigan, Mississippi, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon and Tennessee.
This advertisement and all attorney services may be subject to additional terms and conditions, located on the website of each attorney. Please visit the website of the sponsoring attorney in your area for more details. Any arrangement made by you and your attorney is strictly between you and them.