Knowledge Center


If I have a corporation or an LLC name, do I also have to file a DBA under that name as well?

No. DBA filings are only required if you are operating a corporation or LLC under a name other than its legal name as filed with the state.

The articles of incorporation (for a corporation) or articles of organization (for an LLC) are enough for official name registration and business name transactions with financial institutions provided the entity uses its legal name. A DBA is simply a name statement registered with the state and not an official business formation like a corporation or an LLC.

To learn more and speak with a representative, please call us at (888) 381-8758.

Banner Icon Make today the day you start something amazing. File your DBA today. Get Started